Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Question about Leupold QR rings and bases >

Question about Leupold QR rings and bases

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question about Leupold QR rings and bases

Old 12-31-2003, 07:39 PM

Default Question about Leupold QR rings and bases

I just purchased a set of Leupold QR rings and bases for a T/C Black Diamond. This is my first time buying the quick release type of scope mounting system. I think I may have a mismatched set or possibly a machining flaw. One of the rings will not tighten down at all on the front base, the locking lever will turn freely around 360 degrees. Put it on the back base, the lever will turn until straight up. The other ring on the front base will tighten down with the locking lever pushed 180 degrees and facing forward. What is the position of the locking lever supposed to be when the ring is tightened down? I have a bad feeling about this set of rings and bases since one of the rings will not tighten down at all on one of the bases. I tried to call Leupold, they are closed until Monday after New Years. I'm sure they will take care of me, just wanted other's opinions on these rings and where the lever is positioned when locked down. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about Leupold QR rings and bases

I would say about 30 to 0 degrees. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about Leupold QR rings and bases

Starting with the tab places parallel with the block in the unlocked position and 90 degrees being perpendicular, it should be about 120 degrees turned to the left. I’m saying exactly what handloader1 said but described it another way. Good Luck..