Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 selling guns >

selling guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

selling guns

Old 12-24-2003, 03:49 PM

Default selling guns

how does everyone handle sell guns on internet to some one thanks
Old 12-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: selling guns

If you are going to ship the gun you will have to ship it to a ffl holder, and he will have to file paper work on buyer. It is legal for you to ship it yourself but some of the ffl holders won't take a gun unless it is shipped by another ffl holder. In that case you would have find one to ship gun for you. You can find local ffl transfer dealers doing a search on, www.gunsamerica.com, or www.auctionarms.com and www.gunbroker.com.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've sold several guns on-line in a person to person sale. All i did was go to the local post office and make sure i could ship the gun before i tried to sell it. After finding out i could they told me that i had to package it so that there was nothing on the outside the package revealing it was a firearm. I had to leave the package open until the postal worker checked the gun to insure it wasn't loaded and there was no ammo in the package. After i recieved the person's money order i shipped it insured straight to the person's house who bought it and had no problems at all and there was no FFL required. I've also bought several firearms on-line but the person i bought them from was a dealer with an FFL so i had to have it shipped to the local gun shop who also had an FFL. Good Luck!
Old 12-26-2003, 06:58 PM

Mykey,

You need to stop shipping to individuals immediately! You are violating federal law! Do not ask the post office for the rules, they know their rules (maybe) but not the ATF's rules. You do not have to be a dealer to ship firearms, but they have to be sent to a licensed dealer to handle the transfer legally.

KC
Old 12-26-2003, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

You don't need an FFL to sell a muzzleloader in WI.

cybersniper