Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Savage Rifles? >

Savage Rifles?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage Rifles?

Old 12-21-2003, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Savage Rifles?

Its either the Savage or a Howa now.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:09 PM

IMHO, the Savage is twice the gun the Howa is. One of the guys that went on the elk hunt this yeat had one. If you think the Savage is a dog by appearance, the HOWA is a beat up old kicked lousy ally tom cat. I can't say anything about the performance, he was the only one in camp to gat an elk.

I have had three savages. Still have two and wish I still had the third. Yes I am Yelling........YOU CAN"T GO WRONG WITH THE SAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well actually the Savages were my babies but lately the Ruger has been the only one out of the safe. Not that the Savages aren't good rifles, they are all accurate, dependable and were a great value to boot. I would buy another one without a second thought.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:46 AM

I have a 110 in 22-250 I feel they are the best shooting gun out of the box and for the cabbage you pay you can not go wrong with a savage.The accutrigger is a world better than the old one.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:52 AM

i have one .. love it but seem to get a bit of light rust spots on my gun. ( only one in the safe. ) also i did buy a new magazine for mine and came with a note saying might have to be worked on /tweeked by a gunsmith to fit int he rifle.
that was my only two things wrong with it. but besides that i love mine. it is a savage model 10 lightweight model. shoots like my browning's
Old 12-22-2003, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Savage, like already mentioned you can't go wrong for the money.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

If you are looking at a package gun from wal mart be careful. In this I mean that my uncle bought one about a year ago. The gun shoots wonderfully and he is satisfied. My complaint is the gun is a 7MM Rem. Mag. the barrel is only 22 inches in length. I believe a 7 Mag should have a minimum of a 24" tube. Other than that and a safety that is hard to move with gloves on the rifle is great. He gets 1-1-1/2 inch groups using Federal Premuim 150 gr. Sierra BT's. He also has not changed the cheap scope that came with the rifle.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:22 AM

Hopefully, I will be able to go to the Gunshop and look at a few rifles soon. Then I will make my decision. Its going to be a tough one!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:11 PM

I wll probably wait until January. Maybe there will be some good used guns on the rack.
Old 12-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

I was in visiting my local dealer and I asked him if he had any savages in. He told me that Savage discontinued all models that did not come with the accu-trigger on Dec. 15th. He said that all the new models will have the accu-trigger in place come the end of January, for the ones that were discontineud on the 15th, so you might have a hard time ordering one until then.

Quick Reply: Savage Rifles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.