Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Guys...a little help! >

Guys...a little help!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Guys...a little help!

Old 12-19-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Guys...a little help!

First if you've read my post about the www.eastcountyguns thing you'll understand. I want a 7 mm Rem MAg and I wanted a Tikka WH but it looks like I'm not going to be able to find it. I went with that eastcountyguns idiot b/c he seemed to be the only one with any left. Oh...how I was wrong! [:@]

And I know ya'll are probably tired of me asking this question but here goes again. So I want a 7 Mag. Help me decide which one. I like Tikka but I don't want a T3. If I was buying a nonmagnum caliber there would be no issue....I 'd buy the T3 and be done with it. The T3 is tooooooo lite! [:'(]

So Browning or Remington?

I like the A-bolt....just don't like the idea of a 26 inch barrel. Dadgumit Browning why you got to complicate things!

You guys are telling me that Remington is producing junk these days but come on....have they really changed that much? If I go with the big R it will be a BDL SS.

I'm way too picky if you haven't figured it out yet. Help!
Old 12-19-2003, 11:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Guys...a little help!

Browning! I think you'll like the 60 deg bolt throw. Doesn't get anywhere near your scope.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see quite a few used Remmy 700 in the gun racks and I'd get a used one before a new one.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:08 PM

I would agree that if you get a Remington, find a nice used one.

I don't know why Browning is putting a 26" tube on the 7mm Mag but it must be for some reason. They usually think things thru before doing it. Theoretically, it will give you about 100 fps more velocity which would translate into a flatter shooting gun. If you really like the Browning, but want a 24 inch barrel, take it to a gunsmith and have them cut the barrel down and recrown it. Cost would be around 75.00 to 100.00 at the most. Or, you might check with a GOOD dealer and see if he can order you a Browning from the factory with a 24 inch tube on it.
Old 12-20-2003, 02:24 AM

Another vote for Browning.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

if I were buying one today it would be a model 70 winchester, I had an a bolt and own 3 700 remmys, but I'd go with the win

I will second that Ridge.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:06 AM

Well I am going to have to go against the grain here as I would get the 700BDL. My newest Rem was a heavy barreled 300RUM and yes I did have to adjust the trigger down some. The gun will shoot a lot better than I can. I have looked at the Brownings and I could't feel much if any diferance between the triggers. My friends Browning 338WM the barrel wasn't free floated and it is not bedded from the factory.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up one of those Tikka's in 7mm Rem Mag a couple months ago. The W.T. Hunter not a T3. It's Blued with a Synthetic stock.It's a nice rifle,which I hope to try it out soon.BassPro had them for 399.95 if I remember correctly.I know it was right at 400.00.I'd take a Ruger or a Browning anyday over any of Remington's line of rifles.From what I've seen Remington turning out over the last couple years I don't want any of them.Like mentioned if you can find a good used Remington I would go with it over a New Remington.The BassPro I went to said the 7mmRM Tikka's went fast. I was lucky enough to get the last one they had.They had several in the 300Win Mag.It's a shame that so called dealer did you wrong.I guess I've been lucky I got some long guns off Gunsamerica and received great rifles and service to boot.You can't judge all these dealers because of one bad apple.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

bentbarrel, You left off the com . it should be www.eastcountyguns.com
I checked it and it works now.
Ruger Redhawk