Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Stay away from www.eastcountyguns! >

Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!

Old 12-19-2003, 10:59 AM

Default Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!

MAybe this isn't the right place to do this but I thought I'd pass along this info. I ordered a Tikka WH from this guy two weeks ago. He never even had the rifle but yet he sold it to me anyway and told me it would be two weeks. This SOB then cashes my check and never even calls me to tell me he couldn't locate the rifle. He actaully lied to me in an email. [:@][:@][:@][:@]

He has good ratings on gunbroker but obviously he's been lucky or he just doesn't like us southern boys! I'm sure there's some guys on this forum that have had good luck with this idiot but be careful. HE says he's sending me a refund but the whole transaction stinks! I wanted this rifle for a Christmas present. Now I have no Tikka and I'm out the money! If I don't get the refund soon he's gonna be in trouble. Might have to take care of him the 'ol fashioned way!
Old 12-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!

Sorry to hear that Bentbarrel, yours is only one of many cases of fraud that I have heard about coming from Gunbroker...
Old 12-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try and deal with the local gunshops and i also have a friend who is a gunsmith with an FFL and i usually don't have to go any further than that to find what i'm looking for but i've purchased several guns from gunsamerica that i couldn't seem to find anywhere else and i guess i've been lucky so far and haven't had any problems. You have to try and research the guy your buying from and see what kind of feedback they have and even then it's hard to trust someone you never met when there are so many lowlifes out there just waiting to take your hard earned money. It's not my favorite way to buy a gun but like i said i have done it. I never deal period unless i can contact by phone and actually speak to someone and get their home phone number and work number and stay in constant contact the entire time the transaction is taking place. I would never use only e-mail as a contact. Once contact is made through e-mail i ask for a phone number and if they hesitate giving it to me then the deal is off. I'm not saying i won't ever get burned but that's a chance you take when dealing with someone on-line. I've heard others give negative reports about gunbroker and thats why i never even visit the site anymore. I hope you get your money back and everything works out.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:22 PM

Sad thing is...I talked to this idiot three times on the phone. I learned a valuable lesson....I will never buy a firearm from any non-local dealer. It's stupid to pay retail for a firearm but you better know who you're buying from.

Spread the word! Go to his website....he say's he wants to be everyone's internet gun dealer. What a crock of sh$$! Seems to have it together but he's forgotten the basics of business and customer service. Don't sell something you don't have moron....thinking you can get it. He couldn't get it but yet he still got my money. He better send me a check or I'll be booking a plane ticket to Washington! [:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 12-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am sure you'll get this worked out just calm down, I should talk... For those that use Gunsamerica I think that is a different scenario than the auction sites...usually and more than likely a dealer who has the %@###ng in stock.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

I bought an 11-87 from that guy last spring with no trouble what-so-ever. He had the best price I could find and I got the gun as ordered with an extra rifled slug barrel. Sorry you had so much trouble with him.

clattin
Old 12-21-2003, 10:14 PM

Default I will take the blame for this

Spike is right, I did drop the ball on his order, he sent a check and I was unable to deliver the gun that he wanted in a timely manner. What I did do was have a Bank Check Drafted for the amount and had it 2nd-Day UPS.
IF I am guilty of anything here it was poor follow through, we have thousands of customers who are very happy with our service and use us on a regular basis. Here is your tracking number 1X7YY3240240002458 and it will be at your door on the 23rd, not a check, a Certified Money Order.
For all the guys that E-mailed me about this thread, thanks for the Heads-Up.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-22-2003, 11:32 AM

As long as I receive that refund check we'll have no problem.

Dropping the ball is an understatement. My main issue....no one ever called me from your business to tell me....I had to call you after two freaking weeks! That check sure got cashed fast though! I bet you were going to call me that day huh?

That's lousy customer service. I could've spent those two weeks looking for another rifle. Oh well....I learned my lesson.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:34 PM

Everybody needs to remember a good deal is a state of mind..........

I have purchased via gunbroker.com a few items, deals went thru. Also have used other BBS.com sources with success. Like everyone, always looking for the best deal (price) for the item. Not all sources of goods live up to expectations (price, time, availability, quality, etc.). Unfortunately the www presents so many options on sources, it is difficult to find a single source in a competitive market.

After calculating sales price, shipping and ffl cost, to me it is a better deal to work the price with a local dealer that works with you on availability, price and service.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:03 PM

I would like to express some opinions on this matter.

First of all, let me get this straight...you waited TWO WEEKS before Christmas to purchase something as important as a firearm???
Have you ever hear the saying, "Lack of preparedness on YOUR behalf, does not constitute an emergency on MY behalf"???

Did you use the Internet to conduct any research??? Like, for instance, that the Tikka Whitetail Hunter is discontinued and that the new Tikka product is the T3??
Or do you normally only use the Internet for moaning, whining and expressing your cry-baby attitude?

What exactly are you attempting to do by staging a smear campaign on this man? Do you want sympathy, understanding, pity?...do you want us to feel your pain?
Why don't you send me your address and I'll mail you some tampons and Midol.
This site is ABOUT and FOR hunters and hunting, it is not your personal soapbox so we can hear about how "you got tooken in by da big bad bidnessman".

I work in the firearms industry and know EastCountyGuns and its proprietor very well, both professionally and personally. He is without a doubt one of the most principled and ethical people your sorry ass would ever have the pleasure of meeting. He made a MISTAKE...you might be familiar with the concept...or are you the Messiah? He squared it away with you as best that he could, he went above and beyond in trying to appease you. But, NOOOO...you are the kind of moron that can't be satisfied. So you get on here and wage your little one man war on a good and honest businessman. By the way, all of those stupid little comments about "going up to Washington" and "taking care of him the old fashioned way"...that's called "EVIDENCE"...man, you good ole boys don't get out too often, do you?

As for the business comment about "not selling what you don't have"...what business are you in??? Allow me to give you a little Business 101, when you work at a retail facility (or "STORE"), you get your product from wholesale merchandise vendors (or "DISTRIBUTORS"). Now since your store has only so many square feet of storage, you stock what you can and what sells. This is how you make money and succeed. Am I going too fast for you, Jethro???
OK, so someone contacts you (a "CUSTOMER") and asks for something that you normally stock but do not have on hand. You then attempt to get it for him, sometimes it works and sometimes it all goes to hell before your very eyes. But I guess nothing like that has ever happened to you since you don't make mistakes.

If you do decide to visit Washington...watch the shadows, that's where I do my best work.

Semper Fi,

the DesertDawg

p.s. be glad there are people like me who fought and stood so your sorry ass could exercise your 1st Amendment privileges (yeah, privilege... NOT right).

Quick Reply: Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.