HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stay away from www.eastcountyguns!

I try and deal with the local gunshops and i also have a friend who is a gunsmith with an FFL and i usually don't have to go any further than that to find what i'm looking for but i've purchased several guns from gunsamerica that i couldn't seem to find anywhere else and i guess i've been lucky so far and haven't had any problems. You have to try and research the guy your buying from and see what kind of feedback they have and even then it's hard to trust someone you never met when there are so many lowlifes out there just waiting to take your hard earned money. It's not my favorite way to buy a gun but like i said i have done it. I never deal period unless i can contact by phone and actually speak to someone and get their home phone number and work number and stay in constant contact the entire time the transaction is taking place. I would never use only e-mail as a contact. Once contact is made through e-mail i ask for a phone number and if they hesitate giving it to me then the deal is off. I'm not saying i won't ever get burned but that's a chance you take when dealing with someone on-line. I've heard others give negative reports about gunbroker and thats why i never even visit the site anymore. I hope you get your money back and everything works out.