Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 8MM Mauser project >

8MM Mauser project

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

8MM Mauser project

Old 12-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 8MM Mauser project

Vapodog- .30-06 length cartridges might be out of the question. I put a dummy .06 round in the magazine and that is a TIGHT squeeze. I also talked to the local gun smith who built one of my boss's guns, and he said right around that price also. I may get it chambered for something like the 7-08 or 257 roberts. I would like to get another 8mm Mauser, though, so I have one in original condition.

Drillling man- Why not? This is only a backup plan if I can't get the gun to shoot good with some extensive testing. Like I said I will find another and keep it 8mm and completely sporterize one just because I can. You don't see many sporterized Mausers around here very much, and it would just be fun to do.