Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Model 7 Custom MS info >

Remington Model 7 Custom MS info

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Model 7 Custom MS info

Old 11-18-2003, 04:58 AM

Default Remington Model 7 Custom MS info

Hello again!

After all the great advise you gents gave me about choosing a rifle caliber I' m going to pick your brains again regarding a rifle.

I' m looking to purchase a mountian rifle and it' s between The remington MS custom and Ruger RSI. I really want a Mountian rifle with a Mannlicher-style stock and these are the only two I could find.

I prefer the Remington because it has a 20" barrel as opposed to the Ruger' s 18.5 incher. I found a used one at a local gun shop thats only been fired a few times, it still looks brand new and it' s a lot cheaper then ordering it custom from Remington.

I am just wondering if anyone here as an experience with this rifle at all. What can I expect accuracy wise from from the Custom MS and in general how does a Remington compare to the other big gunmakers? Also, is a custom rifle more accurate and much better quality then a normal prodution rifle?

Even used, the MS is still going to run me $1500 Canadian, and being new to guns and hunting I just want to make sure it' s worth it. I don' t mind paying for it if it' s a good rifle, I just don' t want to get ripped off!

Thanks in Advance

Cheers!
Old 11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington Model 7 Custom MS info

I have seen them at gun shows in the 850-1000 dollar US range...I would take it over the RSI absolutely and it is probably a sub inch rifle at that. There are plenty of detractors and supporters of any firearm if you read enough and visit enough forums... I have seen a couple of MS and they appeared to be a very nicely made rifle...the laminated stock could prevent accuracy problems by limiting the shift in the barrel channel. They appear to be a nicely made rifle and are a step above the RSI ..I have had 3 of the custom shop KS rifles and every one but one was really a very well made rifle that shot well.