Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Savage 110 PCS >

Savage 110 PCS

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Savage 110 PCS

Old 09-23-2022, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Savage 110 PCS

Just placed an order for a Savage 110 PCS in 6.5 CM from Hinterland Outfitters. For anyone unfamiliar with the 110 PCS, it is a bolt action handgun based on the Savage 110. It is available in .223 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 Win, 300 Blackout and 350 Legend. It is built on a one-piece aluminum chassis from Modular Driven Technologies (MDT) and includes an AICS-style detachable 10 round box magazine and has a 10.5" threaded barrel. Should be a fun little cannon.

https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=57797

Old 09-23-2022, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’m glad to see Savage bring back a Specialty Pistol. Kinda sad they didn’t bring back the “Striker” moniker, but at least they kept the left-side bolt!

Is this your first specialty pistol?
Old 09-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I’m glad to see Savage bring back a Specialty Pistol. Kinda sad they didn’t bring back the “Striker” moniker, but at least they kept the left-side bolt!

I didn't even realize they were making this.

This could hurt my bank account in the near future..

-Jake
Old 09-26-2022, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nosler’s introduction of their NCH M48, followed by the (now discontinued) Remington 700-CP and now this Savage and the broad availability of chassis’ in the modern market has really opened the door for specialty pistols. Even the Ruger PC Charger is pushing the market. Manners also brought out a specialty pistol stock, albeit a rear grip design which effectively accepts a barreled 700 clone receiver with a DBM bottom metal in mind. It’s a great time to be a specialty pistol shooter.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448

I've had a T/C Contender for several years and I have multiple barrels for that gun but being a single shot kind of limits its versatility.

On the Savage, my original order with Hinterland didn't work out. They had some sort of mix up with their available inventory and canceled that order five days after I placed it. However, around the middle of December I received a message that the gun was back in stock so I placed a new order and to their credit they honored the price from the original order even though there was a substantial price increase listed on their website.

I was finally able to pick the gun up at my local FFL dealer on Dec 30th.

At some point I will probably buy a different scope for it but for now I am using an old T/C 2.5-7x28 variable power long eye relief scope that I bought to use on my Contender. So far I have shot 20 rounds of 6.5 CM Hornady Superformance 129 gr SST ammo. After that shooting session I did make a trigger adjustment down to the minimum 2 lbs but haven't shot it since. I also added a Harris bipod.

One of the things that somewhat surprised me was the weight of the gun. Even without the bipod but with 11 shells lying on the digital scale beside the gun the total weight was 7.285 lbs. The gun comes with a 10 round magazine thus the 11 round total capacity. At that weight the recoil is pretty reasonable.

I tried multiple times to upload photos but no luck with that...