Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Scope Mount Question >

Scope Mount Question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope Mount Question

Old 11-07-2003, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scope Mount Question

Do the Sako 75 Hunter rifles have to use the dovetail design scope mounts where you slide the rings on the base and tighten a screw or can you use solid mounts that can be mounted directly to the gun like leupold rings and bases on a Rem 700 and if so where would i get the solid type rings and base for a Sako 75 Hunter? Thanks!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:09 PM

Default RE: Scope Mount Question

It should be drilled and tapped for regular bases, but I' m not sure which ones will fit. You' ll need to take it and your scope to a dealer and have them see what will fit. The reason you need to take your scope is to make sure you get the proper height rings. With the dovetail built into the top of the receiver, it' s usually elavated a little bit. This means that you could possibly use low rings with up to a 44 mm scope. Medium or high rings may put it up too high and make it awkward to shoot. Taking your scope with you will help determine which would be best for you.

You may want to reconsider not getting the Sako rings though. In my opinion, they are a very solid, reliable way to mount your scope.

Good luck.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mykey, your probably better off using the Sako rings with the thing...I have tried Leupold rings and they are 1/2 the price but I prefer the Sako rings since they have the inserts... Redfield used to make a base that slid on the dovetails and you could use their rotary front ring and windage screws on the rear rings but not sure if they make them anymore.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

It should be drilled and tapped for regular bases
I wish they were would have saved a lot of money in the past...