Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
ShotKam vs Tactacam: Which should you buy? >

ShotKam vs Tactacam: Which should you buy?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

ShotKam vs Tactacam: Which should you buy?

Old 08-02-2020, 06:24 AM
Spike

Default ShotKam vs Tactacam: Which should you buy?

Please watch this video and tell me what you think about these cameras. This is the most in depth comparison out there.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had the Tactacam 2.0 and 4.0, but have not handled a Shotcam. Personally, I have found that type of footage to be exceptionally limited in utility, so I would recommend most folks wanting a hunt-film set up would be better off spending money on different camera types, or different gear. There’s simply not that much which can be done with the barrel POV; it makes cool B-roll stuff (nearly obligatory in some cases of the cliché YouTube channel), but for most folks wanting to produce quality content, this type of camera is not a great addition for the money.

*Note - watching that video, it looks like the glass in the Shotcam produces significant aberration, definitely not a fan of that. If that persisted in actual video, I’d send it packing in a heartbeat. It may have been a feature of the saturation or white balance settings he was running - which he extolled as “vibrant colors,” - but it looked terrible in that video.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen the Shotkam duck hunting videos on Youtube. Pretty darn cool, but not cool enough to drop ~$600 on.