HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   350 Legend (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/422447-350-legend.html)

Cub Slayer 01-08-2020 09:12 AM

2019?!? Didn't know 350 Legend was THAT new. Now I don't have to feel so bad about jumping on the .338 Federal train.

CalHunter 01-08-2020 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cub Slayer (Post 4368248)
When did I say that?

If you're asking me personally, I do not live in such a state. For that and other reasons, this cartridge doesn't interest me, but that was never the intent of my comment.

This explained your earlier post much better. I agree on not living in a state that limits things so much. Having said that, I'm still in CA with all of the anti-lead laws and other stupid crap but not forever. After the wife and I retire, we're moving to another state and taking our retirement $$ with us. I realize some snowflakes will get offended at that but hey, most of them are still living in their parents' basement anyway. :s3:

Cub Slayer 01-09-2020 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by CalHunter (Post 4368304)
This explained your earlier post much better. I agree on not living in a state that limits things so much. Having said that, I'm still in CA with all of the anti-lead laws and other stupid crap but not forever. After the wife and I retire, we're moving to another state and taking our retirement $$ with us. I realize some snowflakes will get offended at that but hey, most of them are still living in their parents' basement anyway. :s3:

Good for you! Its only going to get worse there.

Ridge Runner 01-09-2020 01:22 PM

there is never nothing wrong with a new cartridge, it creates revenue and interest in the shooting world. The 6.5 creed took the shooting world by storm, it is the same as the 1950's 6.5/250 savage, but better technology has raised the capabilities of all cartridges due to allowing higher pressures, which adds up to better performance.
RR

Nomercy448 01-09-2020 10:48 PM

I don’t think the .350 Legend will enjoy the fame and fortune of the 6.5 Creedmoor, but in a specific market with virtually only one option, the .350 Legend is a welcomed addition. Even in non-straightwall required states, the Legend will enjoy a happy market - I know a bunch of hog hunters and deep woods deer hunters who are itching for more options without the short-range limitations of the “hammer” cartridges previously available for their AR’s. A few buddies up north live in “handgun and shotgun only” zones, such an AR-15 pistol is legal fare, and a .350 Legend fills a previously vacant niche between the rather lack-luster .300 blk and the 458 Socom/450bushy.

Guys wanted the 350 Legend, that’s why we’ve seen guys wildcatting rounds like the .357 MaxAR and .358 Yeti before the factory offering of the Legend came to pass. As I have said many times before - there are a lot of questions which are well answered by a 180-220 grain bullet at 1900-2200fps.