Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
TC Encore Pro Hunter Barrel Length >

TC Encore Pro Hunter Barrel Length

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

TC Encore Pro Hunter Barrel Length

Old 11-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Spike

Default TC Encore Pro Hunter Barrel Length

I noticed that the TC Pro Hunter Rifle Barrels are 28" while most of their normal rifle barrels are 24" ... Does anyone know why the Pro Hunter barrels are so long? I'm looking to pick up a 7mm-08 barrell and trying to decide between the Pro Hunter at 28" and the regular at 24" ... is there any difference in performance?
Old 11-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

The longer barrel will be faster and the shorter one handier. Because of the action type the longer one will be ~length of a regular bolt rifle and the shorter one more of a carbine length.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup - the shorter action length affords the hunter the option to pick up some barrel length without making the sporting arm too long for sporting.

What do you want to do with the rifle? If you’re just hunting, get the 24” and be happy with a shorter, easier handling rifle. I’d assume you’re not intending to do much long range shooting with a Pro Hunter, so the extra speed doesn’t buy anything but weight for a hunter.