Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
6mm Creedmor >

6mm Creedmor

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

6mm Creedmor

Old 05-21-2020, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

It is amazing to read all of your experience NoMercy448 when all the gunrag writers had so many positive things to say about the 6CM. Of course, most of them only fired a few groups at a 100 yards or less and killed some buck on a guided hunt (likely high fence) and turned in their 1,000 words or less story. I guess that's why I read gunrags for entertainment purposes only and read posts like yours and a few other members' when I'm looking for real world experience.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Typical Buck

CalHunter, are you saying you just get the gun rags for the pictures and playboy for the articles?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, er, no. I stopped reading Playboy when I was a young lad and they interviewed Jimmy Carter. Their writers' credibility went downhill quickly. I stopped looking at Playboy after a co-worker showed me the issue with Madonna in it. Gross. She is not attractive.

As for the gun rags, I still read them but also consider the source, the extent of any testing they conduct and if the the information they write is useful at all. It's still fun to read about guns, hunting, etc. but I just don't have much in common with writers who almost always go on expensive guided hunts, shoot limited groups at 100 yards or in the case of a magazine article I recently read about the 17 WSM, the author said the mags' policy is to only shoot at 50 yards for rim-fire. Seriously, that author was a waste of my time.

In contrast, I find a lot of useful information from NoMercy and several other members on this forum. I will likely never spend as much money on custom builds like him, shoot at the competitions he does or even kill as many yotes as he does but I genuinely enjoy reading about his projects, experiences and findings as it is extremely interesting and i know it's absolutely factual and legit. I can still use his information to help guide my decisions, such as do I keep the wife's 243 for deer, antelope and long range coyote hunting or not. Short answer is yes. Based on NM's posts, I know that 243 will last us both for at least 10+ years or more and then it's just a rebarrel job or possibly not since minute of coyote or deer are both considerably larger targets than NM's long range competitions. Still fun to think about and read though. In reading just this topic by NM, I've discovered more about 6CM than in all of the gunmag articles I've read about it. If those gunmags were smart, they'd hire NM to write for them. But then I'd have to buy their mags to read NM's excellent posts and topics.