Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
SOMEONE TELL ME! >

SOMEONE TELL ME!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SOMEONE TELL ME!

Old 02-02-2002, 06:59 PM

Default SOMEONE TELL ME!

i need to know how many grains of gun powder are in a remington 150 grain pointed soft point core lokt bullet for a 30-06
Old 02-02-2002, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: SOMEONE TELL ME!

youd have to pull a bullet or two and measure the powder...unless sum1 on here have

mauser06
Old 02-03-2002, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't matter how many grains of powder they use, unless you know exactly what powder they are using.I'm not sure where you are going with this post. I have my ideas. I think you are looking for a duplicate load. Because they use x amount of powder doesn't mean you can use x amount of another powder.Every powder has it's own characteristics.Unless you know the exact powder they use DON'T TRY IT.If I'm wrong about your intentions I apologize. I just don't want anybody to get hurt or killed. Ruger Redhawk
Old 02-03-2002, 10:33 PM

150 gr imr 4350. not !!!!!! why would you want to know? remington loads what ever powder they got on sale one lot may use imr another hodgedon. they usually load mid range due to alot of older guns still being out there. liabilitys!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:07 AM

DEERSLAYER,
You've gotten real good advice. Not only do factories change powders, but the powders usually are not available to reloaders. I'd suggest Hodgdon extruded powders. One of the slower powders that are compatibile with your cartridge and bullet weight. High load density is condusive to accuracy.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:36 AM

I would start by using IMR 4350 and Hodgden 4350 - shoot both and measure speed and accuracy. Use whichever works the best in your gun.

Hunting is a right, treat it like a priviledge - respect nature
Old 02-04-2002, 09:35 PM

All of the above is good advice if you want to reload some manuals give what is called a factory velocity duplication load for most common cartridges. I think both Speer and Lyman do in the editions I have. This is the safest way to get were I think you want to go, but if that load is a max. one work up to it like any other.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:04 PM
Typical Buck

Good advice here so far. There is a "reloading" forum you might want to check out.