Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Gun trade question? >

Gun trade question?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun trade question?

Old 12-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Eh, I appreciate the offer those Ithacas were nice though, my uncle had a few of those. but I've got more shotguns than I can count right now. I'm working on getting pictures and listing them on local classifieds as I sit here actually. I went through a phase of buying single shots every time I found a cheap one, as well as any good deals I found. I liked shotguns. And now I have closet full of them. Think I'm going to cut back to a 10, 16, and 20ga H&R, a 12 ga Wingmaster and my Moss 500 12 ga I use for turkey. Then keep my wifes 20 ga, and a moss 695 slug gun for slug only areas. Gotta downsize some of this "junk"

-Jake
Old 12-23-2017, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear on shotguns I have way too many than I need and then some,
having been in the gun business , and being know as a gun buying guy, for so many yrs, I cannot tell you how many gun collections I ended up buying, just cause prices were too low to say no was(am) friends with countless numbers of farmers and normally when husbands pass, the wife's call me as they have NO use for the guns, and almost every farmer has a bunch of beat up shotgun and hunting rifles, few of any real value, almost all are always working mans guns from the past
I think in the past 3 yr I sold off about 150+ guns of all sorts, just due to I was tripping over them and just WAY too many for a normal man to own

but, its hard to pass up deals, to buy bulk piles of guns , as just never know what could be in there and I have a thing for old guns and old wood on them, , I just find that combo very sweet to my eye's,. even if there of no real money value,
clean up a little and boy, I think, "WHAT STORIES" could tell if they could talk.
and some times I am even luckier, as many times the wife, doesn't want all the old pictures of there husbands with the DEAD ANIMALS< they killed and took pictures of, some times with guns in them I can Id and all
silly stuff I bet to most, but I do find that stuff interesting and harder to sell them guns when I have the photo;s from the 50-60's with them
as most I buy were from friends of mine that passed away too!
I always find it weird that there KIDS never want them, or will only HAND pick the GOOD one's that look modern to them, and leave all the old stuff behind as if it has NO value at all
many of these men that have passed and I got there collections, certain guns to me have sentimental value, that remind me of THEM, and yet there kids/family member's could care less about that side of things??
I almost pitty who ever has to handle my estate when I kick the bucket, I have piles of stuff I bet they will all call CRAP!
and they will be amazed at where all they find guns I have stuck in places, just cause, NO rooms in better places ! LOL
Old 12-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe I should just buy a 760 in .35 whelen or put together a 9.3X62........Don't know if my bank account can handle this line of thinking... but it's tempting...

-Jake

Last edited by Bocajnala; 12-23-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, all my "friends" claim they will sweet talk my wife to get my stuff when I'm gone, little do they know mine are to be given away at my demise, no way am I letting my wife sell them for nothing, as she has no idea of their worth, if she did I don't want her to have that much money!
RR
Old 12-23-2017, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen some 35 whelen's in 760's but most seem to be in 30-06 here, or 308-.270's
there the most common
have sen some 7mm08's and other calibers, but there a little harder to come by cheap, or been my experience, seems guys that want more odd calibers some times are more picky about how they care for them and thus better condition most times and higher prices

After X mas, like lat Jan or info Feb, was always a great time of yr for me to BUY guns at the store, then credit card bills start showing up from X mas buying, and folks start to need cash LOL
keep an eye on places like armslist, bet a bunch show up there soon!
Old 12-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it were me I would look for a 7600 in 7mm/08 or 260, only made for that big gun distibuter in pa can't recall the name.
RR
Old 12-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Double post

Last edited by Bocajnala; 12-23-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Grices is the name of that shop. In Clearfield.

-Jake
Old 12-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

Bocajnala, you trade that 99 for a 760 and Ridge Runner will have a size 14 joining in with him to your rear end. I used to see 760's listed for a couple hundred all the time and they were in pretty darn good shape. You see a 99 in .300sav listed for a couple hundred and you can bet the thing probably looks like it spent a few days in the river getting tossed around in the rapids for good measure.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

I think I better just sell them all and get a creedmore....

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.