Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Lazer bore sighter anyone have one?? >

Lazer bore sighter anyone have one??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Lazer bore sighter anyone have one??

Old 10-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lazer bore sighter anyone have one??

Lazer bore sighter anyone have one, you know the type styled like a cartrige that fits into the rifle chamber? I have seen them in diffrent magizines but never in real life.

do thay work well? do they have a priscribed range say only 50 yards ? Or can you zero out to any range provided you can see the red dot through your scope?
Old 10-20-2003, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lazer bore sighter anyone have one??

I just had an experience with a laser this past weekend. Purchased last year off ebay, checked the laser to make sure it worked and put it away (did not need) Pulled it out this year to bore site the new Aetec on the new 444 and all seemed to go well until I get to the sand pit (range) Clamped the rifle into the Site Vice and let a shot go....WOW.....8 feet right and 2 low at 50 yards! Thinking, this cant be so I removed from the vice and walked up to within 25 yds and shot again....3' wide and low. Packed everything up and back to the camp. I reinstalled the laser to find that it is way off, being the curious engineering type I rotated the laser 90 deg and watched as the red dot ran a 19" circle at 20' on my wall. Either the threaded post on the laser is off or the laser itself is not calibrated to the center of the bore stud. If you get one check it immediately on a gun that you know is zero. Put the laser in the bore and it should be fairly close to the cross hairs. They are a great tool and a huge time saver, if they are accurate. Once you have the gun range sited, put the laser back in and make a sketch (I use an actual target as to where the laser dot is when all is said and done. In the event of a fall or any jarring of the scope you now have a quick check to see if the scope will be out.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:01 PM

I have one that is able to fit many rifle calibers, but have only used it a few times. Zero' d my .223 AR-15, my .308 Rem, and a friend' s .30-06. All three times, when I tested it, I was " on paper" with the first shot. I great time saver. Only paid about 30 bucks for it, so I am happy.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

I mean the type that is in a rifle casing just like you were to fire a sht at a target.