Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Selling guns, best way? >

Selling guns, best way?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Selling guns, best way?

Old 11-22-2015, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Ship it to an FFL unless the buyer is in your state and you can do a face to face deal.
Can't you ship in state without an FFL?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another question on this topic: over time I"ve accumulated a bunch of low value guns, some via hand me downs etc.

Paying consignment, FFL fee etc may match the actual value of the gun. Two examples:
- single shot 16 guage (actually I have two of them). One is my first gun I got when I was about 15 for Christmas. The other is older.
- Bolt action .22, very NOT accurate. Was bought used when I was somewhere around 5-6 grade to protect the birdfeeder.

None of these would go for over $50 I assume.

Also, what about a gun you flat out are not sure on the safety of? I have a Remington 742 that a few years ago almost blew my sons head off. He swears safety was on, he wasn't near the trigger etc. To this day I can't make it fail again, but that day it did, later in the day I had it (we traded after that) and I found the safety OFF when I know it was on. In essence I can't make the gun fail, but don't trust it. Suggestions on what to do with that ?

In short, we are looking to clean out the accumulation of guns, and have a few we use for everything (other topics on finding a new rifle for example). Goal is to get down to 5 guns for the two of us (can't part with a Ruger .44 mag, actually have a 1914 side by side, external hammers that I also can't part with)

Last edited by Bob H in NH; 11-23-2015 at 09:45 AM.