Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Picture of the little 700 youth >

Picture of the little 700 youth

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Picture of the little 700 youth

Old 09-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Picture of the little 700 youth

You all have been helping me, thank you. Some have asked for pics. Not sure i know how to download them butngiving it a try.

Want to get a full size stock on the cheap so looking st ebay. Too many choices, dont know what will fit vs not fit, some are called varmit, some tactical, sps, vls, bdl and all kinds of other choices. Am i limited to one choice, a simple blind mag adl since i dont wish to convert the mag to a drop?

Last edited by tealboy; 09-09-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Trying again
Attached Thumbnails Picture of the little 700 youth-image.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Can you see in this pic that the rings are hitting the adjustment screws and wont slide forward any further. Compared to my other rifle, the scope is back an extra inch maybe close to 2 inches

This site seems hard to post pics, maybe it is me
Attached Thumbnails Picture of the little 700 youth-image.jpg  

Last edited by tealboy; 09-10-2015 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Getting a free photo bucket account and up load your pictures there and then here is I feel real easy.
That way you can post the same picture on mutiable sites.

I have the same scope set up on a Remington 700 ML. You can move the scope some more forward if you take the scope off and turn the front mount around.
Rails are better but you work with what you can afford. In my case the mounts and scope came with the used rifle I bought.

Al
Old 09-10-2015, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tealboy
Am i limited to one choice, a simple blind mag adl since i dont wish to convert the mag to a drop?
Yes. You are looking for a SA ADL stock. Varmint stocks are made for thick barrels. BDL, CDL, SPS (I think) stocks, etc. have floor plates. Tacticool stocks are for detachable magizines, as are any other stock marked as DBM. Used ADL stocks are normally great supply and very commonly found for sale in both wood and synthetic.

I am not a big fan of the design of the scope on this rifle, but as suggested you should be able to move it a bit by reversing the front base.

Nice little rifle.