Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Winchester 94 what's it worth? >

Winchester 94 what's it worth?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester 94 what's it worth?

Old 11-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Spike

Default Winchester 94 what's it worth?

I have a winchester 95 that I don't use, nor do I think
I will ever so I was thinking about Selling it or trading for something I will get more use out of. So what's a fair value? It's 1967 I believe I know the pre 64 is worth more but that's about all I know about this gun. I prefer my marlin 336
Old 11-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Spike

Oh and it's a 30-30 I'm not sure if they were made in another caliber
Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Depending on its condition, anywhere between $ 400.00 and $ 700.00
Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grawlix
Depending on its condition, anywhere between $ 400.00 and $ 700.00
I seriously doubt you're going to get anywhere near $400 for a Win Model 1894 in 30-30. They made something like 5 million of them before they shut down production. I'm thinking more like $250-$300 if you're lucky. After all, what would make this one worth any more than the others that are floating around?

Best thing to do is go to GunsAmerica or GunBroker and see what the average asking price of one is. By the way, they made them in other calibers. I used to have on in 32 Win Special.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't seen a win 94 in good condition sell for anywhere near $200-300 in almost a decade. Once they cut production, the prices all jumped. Three years apart, I bought a win 94 trapper in .30-30 for $215 new, then $420 used!

Number produced is irrelevant in this case. The prices are up on win94's.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Haven't seen a win 94 in good condition sell for anywhere near $200-300 in almost a decade. Once they cut production, the prices all jumped. Three years apart, I bought a win 94 trapper in .30-30 for $215 new, then $420 used!

Number produced is irrelevant in this case. The prices are up on win94's.
Actually, I said $250-$300, not $200. I just looked on GunBroker and I could buy several right now from $350-$425. Maybe my $250-$300 was low but $700 is too high. From what I saw on GunBroker, you ain't gonna get $700 for a run of the mill 30-30. There are some asking that much, but there are no bids that high. So, I would say $450 is reasonable.

I also looked on GunsAmerica and found the same thing as on GunBroker. Here is a screen shot of GunsAmerica:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...limittostate=&

But, if I was content to be patient, I'm willing to bet I can get into the regular classified ads in my native CO and buy a run of the mill 30-30 for $300 tops from a private seller within the next 6 months.

Last edited by flags; 11-27-2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Added image
Old 11-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to see what other people came up with I originally was going to ask 300, I had one guy tell me that was too low one say it was too high and a different guy that was interested but offered me $100. Im not using it but I don't want to give it away. Actually I'm not even too interested in the $ I had to see empty spaces in my gun cabinet. I would rather just get something different anyway here is a picture I have of it. Few marks in the stock Winchester 94 what's it worth?-image.jpg
Old 11-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know the year it was proofed, you know the model, walk into walmart, they almost always have a gun trader's guide in the hunting section. Buy it if you want, or just look it up standing in the aisle.

Like Flags and myself, to most guys that have been around them long, it doesn't make much sense that the prices on the 94's are up. All gun prices went up a few years ago (used that is), and as I mentioned before, the resale prices on the 94's shot through the roof when Winchester stopped making them. At the price that they reintroduced them at, it only served to sustain the used resale prices of the 94's.

But since most guys don't follow gun prices like they should, you'll find 2 things: guys that don't know any better selling their gun for what they THINK it's worth, rather than what it's actually worth today (hence the occasional $250-300 private sale), or guys that don't want to spend $300 on one because they remember NEW prices on one being under $300.

But today's price is today's price. I don't imagine the used price of the 94 will ever come down much again. Hasn't for 10yrs so far. Maybe Winchester will remember that the 94 is supposed to be the "everyman's rifle", and start making an affordable model again someday. That's the only way I really foresee used prices coming back down.

As for me, I'm sitting on my 94's and waiting. They're almost at a price I'm wanting to sell, but not quite yet.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
You know the year it was proofed, you know the model, walk into walmart, they almost always have a gun trader's guide in the hunting section. Buy it if you want, or just look it up standing in the aisle.

Like Flags and myself, to most guys that have been around them long, it doesn't make much sense that the prices on the 94's are up. All gun prices went up a few years ago (used that is), and as I mentioned before, the resale prices on the 94's shot through the roof when Winchester stopped making them. At the price that they reintroduced them at, it only served to sustain the used resale prices of the 94's.

But since most guys don't follow gun prices like they should, you'll find 2 things: guys that don't know any better selling their gun for what they THINK it's worth, rather than what it's actually worth today (hence the occasional $250-300 private sale), or guys that don't want to spend $300 on one because they remember NEW prices on one being under $300.

But today's price is today's price. I don't imagine the used price of the 94 will ever come down much again. Hasn't for 10yrs so far. Maybe Winchester will remember that the 94 is supposed to be the "everyman's rifle", and start making an affordable model again someday. That's the only way I really foresee used prices coming back down.

As for me, I'm sitting on my 94's and waiting. They're almost at a price I'm wanting to sell, but not quite yet.

I seriously doubt it NM... look at the price of the NEW model 94s!!! My first car didn't cost that much and I'm not that old.

I feel like a broken record in the gunshop sometimes. Model 1100s have gone through the roof too. People always go... well dang man I bought one of these about 10-12 year ago for $250 all day long.... course the answer is... this ain't 10-12 years ago.

Part of the reason I think used gun prices have gone up so much is because they are made SO SO SO much better than the bargain lines produced today. And even the new bargain lines are not exactly cheap. Pick up a new production Marlin 336... with that god awful Remington finish and that unsightly OSB wood stock... feel like a paddle, finished like a deck on a mobile home and fits like hand-me-down boots....$450??? Negative... if I wanted a lever... I would GLADLY pay that same amount for an older Marlin or Winchester than that for a new Marlin.

And show me a semi-auto shotgun made as well as the 1100 for under $500 new on todays market???? Don't exist... not even close.

Winchester made those model 70 super shadows or whatever they were called about the time the WSSM cartridges came out in 02-03 something like that... they were under $500... and they were alright guns, but still... spend that money on an older 700 and you have a much better built gun. Winchesters are great rifles.. but the new model 70s are not an everyday man's gun..... that's more along the lines of the Marlin X7.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
And even the new bargain lines are not exactly cheap. Pick up a new production Marlin 336... with that god awful Remington finish and that unsightly OSB wood stock... feel like a paddle, finished like a deck on a mobile home and fits like hand-me-down boots....$450??? Negative... if I wanted a lever... I would GLADLY pay that same amount for an older Marlin or Winchester than that for a new Marlin.
Yup, I've been a Marlin advocate all my life (every man in my family owns/owned a Marlin 1984 .44mag for 4 generations now). Built a few dozen of them when I was cowboy action shooting for different competitors, knocked down a load of deer with Marlin 1985's and 1984's. In no plainer English, it's an F'ing crime what Remington did to them.

If there's not a JM on the barrel, I'm not interested.

I'm not old enough to tell too many stories about back when a nickel would buy you a candy bar by any means (did pay 59cents a gallon for gas once though), but I'm old enough that when I bought MY Marlin 1984 .44mag, I paid $240 new in box. My sister bought one for her husband the year that Remington bought them out, $450.

Haven't decided whether my son will be getting a used Marlin-Marlin, or whether I'll be rebuilding him a Remington-Marlin 1984, but I do know he's not getting any Marlington abomination without serious work done to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.