HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Winchester 94 what's it worth?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

You know the year it was proofed, you know the model, walk into walmart, they almost always have a gun trader's guide in the hunting section. Buy it if you want, or just look it up standing in the aisle.

Like Flags and myself, to most guys that have been around them long, it doesn't make much sense that the prices on the 94's are up. All gun prices went up a few years ago (used that is), and as I mentioned before, the resale prices on the 94's shot through the roof when Winchester stopped making them. At the price that they reintroduced them at, it only served to sustain the used resale prices of the 94's.

But since most guys don't follow gun prices like they should, you'll find 2 things: guys that don't know any better selling their gun for what they THINK it's worth, rather than what it's actually worth today (hence the occasional $250-300 private sale), or guys that don't want to spend $300 on one because they remember NEW prices on one being under $300.

But today's price is today's price. I don't imagine the used price of the 94 will ever come down much again. Hasn't for 10yrs so far. Maybe Winchester will remember that the 94 is supposed to be the "everyman's rifle", and start making an affordable model again someday. That's the only way I really foresee used prices coming back down.

As for me, I'm sitting on my 94's and waiting. They're almost at a price I'm wanting to sell, but not quite yet.