Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger - New Model Super Blackhawk w/Bisley grip?? >

Ruger - New Model Super Blackhawk w/Bisley grip??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger - New Model Super Blackhawk w/Bisley grip??

Old 10-02-2003, 07:17 PM

Default Ruger - New Model Super Blackhawk w/Bisley grip??

Is anyone making an aftermarket, soft rubber grip for this gun, the Bisley grip? I' ve looked through the different Blackhawk & Super Blackhawk " exploded views" on Rugers website. I noticed the grip frames, for each different model, have a different part number but I was wondering what the physical differences were. I' ve looked through my catalogs and they only list one grip for the New Super Blackhawk, as if that one grip would fit all models. Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,
Toby
Old 10-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger - New Model Super Blackhawk w/Bisley grip??

have you checked Pachmeyer?
Old 10-02-2003, 07:56 PM

Yes........I' ve checked all the manufactures I know of and they only list one grip. My question is, will this one grip fit both models of Super Blackhawk, the " Hunter" and " Bisley Hunter" ? Ruger lists the grips frames as being different part numbers but they look the same in the exploded views.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, it won' t fit all of them. Take a look at side shots of the guns you' re comparing and you' ll see that in a big ol' hurry!!!! Check out Hogue, last I knew they put out a Bisley Blackhawk grip, but it' s been a while since I' ve looked. I would imagine that one that fits the superblackhawk will fit the SBH hunter, since last I knew the only real difference was the asthetics (finish and grip color) and the accssy rail, and probably the bisley blackhawk grips fit the bisley hunter, so if you can find one for that, you' ve got it made. I don' t know how you can look at a bisley grip frame in an exploded view and think it looks the same as a standard grip frame, maybe they just have one drawing and just change the part numbers? Look at them from the side and you' ll quickly notice the difference!!!