Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
colorado gun hunting question >

colorado gun hunting question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

colorado gun hunting question

Old 08-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
That's funny! Not even close to the truth but funny!!
Was that you in the Toyota minivan? Walking out of JAX four years ago with a new Beretta O/U. Driver eye-stalking me the whole way, didn't see the pickup in front of her until she ran into the back of it. Yeah, not even close to the truth, because YOU weren't there to watch it. You're some kind of superhero to be everywhere at one time, oh he who is all-knowing. Don't be such a jackazz.

Just look at your latest legislative session. Tell me again how it's BS that Colorado isn't "gun friendly"? Why is it that after that session you have counties that have actually proposed silly stuff like starting a new state or approaching Wyoming to be annexed. It's headed to be more than just Denver. Truth. Look it up. You should be able to find it somewhere in that rag the Denver Post has become.

Colorado passes laws that legalize recreational marijuana and that restrict guns. Draw your own conclusions from there.

(edit) - But yes, I did get a chuckle out of the driver of the minivan. Can't get entertainment like that here at home out of the simple act of carrying a new gun to the truck.

Last edited by homers brother; 08-27-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

I have a permit but it is hard to hide a Ruger Redhawk or a Glock 20 so I usually open carry. Never had a problem in Colorado Springs. Only time a cop stopped me was to ask how I like my Red dot on my 41mag.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by homers brother
Was that you in the Toyota minivan? Walking out of JAX four years ago with a new Beretta O/U. Driver eye-stalking me the whole way, didn't see the pickup in front of her until she ran into the back of it. Yeah, not even close to the truth, because YOU weren't there to watch it. You're some kind of superhero to be everywhere at one time, oh he who is all-knowing. Don't be such a jackazz.
Your story is BS. If you walked out of Jax with a new Beretta, it was in a box or case. ( wonder what BS you will come up with for this) I have bought 3 guns from that store in the last six months with zero problems. The people that shop there, for the most part are very accustomed to seeing people buy firearms.

Don't call me a jackazz on the internet. If you want to say it to my face then 'll have some respect for you. On the internet it means nothing.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just look at your latest legislative session. Tell me again how it's BS that Colorado isn't "gun friendly"?

Did you see what the Sheriffs in Colorado are doing? The people in Colorado have nothing in common with the morons passing laws. We will do our best to vote them out as soon as possible. The people in Colorado are pissed at our government but they don't freak out when they see a gun.

The people align more with our Sheriffs than they do with our politicians.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 08-27-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
Your story is BS. If you walked out of Jax with a new Beretta, it was in a box or case. ( wonder what BS you will come up with for this) I have bought 3 guns from that store in the last six months with zero problems. The people that shop there, for the most part are very accustomed to seeing people buy firearms.

Don't call me a jackazz on the internet. If you want to say it to my face then 'll have some respect for you. On the internet it means nothing.
LOL. As if JAX were the only business served by that parking lot, or that JAX restricts its clientele to only those who support the 2A? If you ever buy a Beretta Onyx there, be careful you don't get the same kid who spilled my choke tubes, documentation, and other paraphernalia out of the case and all over the floor at the cashier's counter while trying to figure out how to break the shotgun back down. As if everyone who works behind a gun counter knows how to properly disassemble everything they sell in the first place. Fact is, I relieved him of the still-assembled shotgun, the case, choke tubes, wrench, oil, and the rest of my paperwork, and headed out the door for my truck once whatever they do at "final checkout" was done. You were probably that guy behind me in line with that cart full of steer manure, weren't you. Saw it all not happen, did you?

Let's just agree here that we don't agree, that we've never agreed on anything, and that we'd never entertain the idea of conversing over a beverage together. I do hope you get those laws straightened out down there, and it's going to take more than you carrying open and "exercising your rights" to preserve them. It's a shame to see what was such a beautiful state - and my home for more than 15 years - going to .... pot? But hey, that seems to be the priority there in Calirado now.

(edit) Hey, but if you want to cause a stir, wear that handgun open with a Ski-Doo or Arctic Cat jacket into the REI up in Fort Collins. THAT would be funny to see. I've done the latter, but that was probably ten years or more ago and it was worth it then. I might have give you some props if you did both of them together. Even better, walk back and forth in front of that store with all of the above and carrying that Stihl 391 I've been eyeing at JAX...

Last edited by homers brother; 08-27-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. As if JAX were the only business served by that parking lot, or that JAX restricts its clientele to only those who support the 2A? If you ever buy a Beretta Onyx there, be careful you don't get the same kid who spilled my choke tubes, documentation, and other paraphernalia out of the case and all over the floor at the cashier's counter while trying to figure out how to break the shotgun back down. As if everyone who works behind a gun counter knows how to properly disassemble everything they sell in the first place. Fact is, I relieved him of the still-assembled shotgun, the case, choke tubes, wrench, oil, and the rest of my paperwork, and headed out the door for my truck once whatever they do at "final checkout" was done. You were probably that guy behind me in line with that cart full of steer manure, weren't you. Saw it all not happen, did you?

Let's just agree here that we don't agree, that we've never agreed on anything, and that we'd never entertain the idea of conversing over a beverage together. I do hope you get those laws straightened out down there, and it's going to take more than you carrying open and "exercising your rights" to preserve them. It's a shame to see what was such a beautiful state - and my home for more than 15 years - going to .... pot? But hey, that seems to be the priority there in Calirado now.
I knew you would come up with some BS. I didn't think it would be this bad though. If you buy a gun at Jax, before you leave with the gun, the manager comes over and checks out everything. He checks the gun and the paperwork. Then he makes sure you are happy with your buying experience. There is no way possible he would let you leave the way you are telling your story. NO FREAKING WAY!!

Everyone that is reading your post knows it is not a believable story!

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 08-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's get this back on track. bigtim asked a question, and it wasn't about buying shotguns at JAX. BTW - JAX is a great place. I'm going to bow out of this one now so as not to divert any attention further - and knowing full well that CLD will more than likely use that to his advantage, and he'll get the "last word" in as he usually does. It should be very obvious to the other readers here that CLD and I have a background, and it's far from a good one. Don't let it detract from the OP's question, with my apologies.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's get this back on track. bigtim asked a question, and it wasn't about buying shotguns at JAX. BTW - JAX is a great place. I'm going to bow out of this one now so as not to divert any attention further - and knowing full well that CLD will more than likely use that to his advantage, and he'll get the "last word" in as he usually does. It should be very obvious to the other readers here that CLD and I have a background, and it's far from a good one. Don't let it detract from the OP's question, with my apologies.
Apology accepted! Trying to prove a point with a fabricated story is stupid!

Welcome to Colorado bigtim!! Big game hunting here is great but don't overlook the waterfowl hunting!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I am in Pennsylvania and it is one of the last gun friendly states of the North East. Its a big state with liberal cities on both sides of the state and conservative rural values in the middle. If Pa. falls into the liberal slop like NY, I'm packing up my family and moving out west. I own my own company and can retire when ever I want at this point. I have been to Colorado several times in he early 1980's. Denver and Boulder mainly. I love the state and need to have mountains so Colorado was alway my "move to" state if I had to bail out of he North East. Glad to hear its not a liberal hippie state.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on the area/town/person in the store at the time... I carried for a decade on the ranch and trips into smaller towns, only ever had ONE person ask me about my gun, because they were looking to get a .22lr pistol for their kid, and wanted my opinion on the Mark II on my hip.

BUT, I carried for ONE DAY when I got to college and the cops showed up. One instance didn't stop me, but eventually, it got old...

Despite CLD's disbelief that someone called the cops in Colorado, the plain and simple fact is that if someone calls the cops about "a guy with a gun", they WILL come check you out, and they WILL follow the book on procedure for disarming a non-aggressive armed person (which might not apply to you Tim since you're a bigger fella, they might not agree that you're not a threat at the time).

When I went to college and started having run-ins with the law about LEGAL open carry, I wasn't carrying my revolver openly to become some 'second amendment martyr', I was carrying it because I had carried it everyday for a decade out on the ranch. I never anticipated having an issue, as like CLD's experience, I had been in and out of stores for a LONG time in other towns and never had an issue. Even when I DID get stopped by the police when I moved to Manhattan, the cops were always cool about it, and no charges were ever filed, but it DID waste an hour of my life every time it happened, which was pretty much EVERY TIME I went into any store in town accept Walmart (oddly enough). Same deal every time, hands on the wall, remove my weapon, set it on the ground, move away. (First time they said "drop the gun and kick it away," like it was a movie. My response was "F that, I'm not scratching my gun!!!"). They'd check my weapon, unload it, check out my ID, ask what I was doing and why I was carrying, then advise that I stop carrying in public. They would assert that it was the store owners right to kick me out, even though I was legally carrying, which the store owners ALWAYS did (not because they were against guns usually, but because I was frightening other customers).

After about the 5th or 6th time of that in just as many outings over the first month living in town, I stopped carrying my revolver downtown. Legal or not.

Since then, KS has passed CCW, which made things worse for all of us Open Carry guys. When KS passed CCW, they also pointed out to EVERY STORE IN THE STATE that they could put up a sign that prevented it. Whether they were against guns or not, pretty much every business in the state put up a sign. Unfortunately, the "No Berettas" placard prevents weapons of any kind, open or concealed. Most CC guys ignore them and carry past the placards anyway since nobody would be able to tell, but that's pretty hard to do with a revolver on your hip.

So ultimately, I wouldn't plan to just walk around any old place and not expect the cops to show up. If your area will accommodate it, you'll find out pretty quick once you're there. But also pay attention to see if a majority of stores have the "no weapons" signs posted, because in most states (maybe there are a few that aren't this way, but I've never been to one), that applies to open carry too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.