Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
colorado gun hunting question >

colorado gun hunting question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

colorado gun hunting question

Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mystro
I have been to Colorado several times in he early 1980's.... Glad to hear its not a liberal hippie state.
I wouldn't go that far. Colorado in the "twenty-teens" aint Colorado in the 1980's. Some ways it's better, some ways it's worse.

As mentioned, Colorado is sort of becoming the "center coast", as a retreat for too many 'edge coasters'. Certain parts of Colorado are as 'relaxed and free' as they ever were, some parts are getting pretty tainted (you know what they say: a republican from California is more liberal than a Democrat from Kansas).

BUT, the outdoor culture of Colorado is still a huge driving force, and as always, firearms and hunting culture is a big part of that. Sure, there are a lot of hippies that move to CO to be at one with nature, but there are also a lot of hunters that retire to CO for the same reason, but obviously with very different definitions of the term.

But if a soccer mom in Denver sees a big dude carrying a gun and flips, cops have to reassure the soccer mom that the big dude isn't planning any funny business.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

ALOT of the irrational histaria might be because less people over the years stopped carrying their guns. Then a generation of ignorance grew up around CCW. We when from a society that taught how to use guns responsibly, to brainwashing kids in schools to not touch a gun. In my day, our public school mandatorily gave a hunters safty course in 6th grade because we all hunted and taught about gun safty not to fear the gun but respect it and use it properly. We went from gun education to gun ignorance. This is from the political party that supposedly teaches tolerance and the value of education.

Last edited by Mystro; 08-29-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
After about the 5th or 6th time of that in just as many outings over the first month living in town, I stopped carrying my revolver downtown. Legal or not.
I never said someone wouldn't call the cops. Never. I think most of the cops in Colorado, would handle it very well though.

The reason the JACKAZZZ'S, you referred to, are filming is to keep LEO's acting right. They work for us and they need to be reminded.

Every time someone stops exercising their rights, instead of fighting back, we lose more of those same rights.

It's very hard for me to believe that you got put up against the wall 6 times in 6 open carries. Do you look or act like a criminal? I got put up against the wall ZERO times in HUNDREDS of open carries.

You should have been smart enough to film and you would have gotten paid in the lawsuit.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 08-30-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont see the need nor the desire to carry in a manor to throw ur rights or weapon in someoes face. But it is our right so i see no issue with one properlly acting with in their right
Old 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I dont see the need nor the desire to carry in a manor to throw ur rights or weapon in someoes face. But it is our right so i see no issue with one properlly acting with in their right
Very Well said!

There is really a lot of good reading on the subject at http://www.opencarry.org/

Not the most hip hop website but if you are interested in the good guy side of open carry, it has some great info!

I've read a ton of open carry stories but no one there will match nomercy448 on the amount of times that they had their rights violated, were harassed and detained illegally. I don't think anyone will ever top that story! LMAO!

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 09-02-2013 at 06:03 PM.