Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
9 mm question >

9 mm question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

9 mm question

Old 07-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know it doesn't really matter now since the OP has already made his decision but let me throw my .02 worth in. My wife carries an LC9 and is surprisingly accurate with it. She tried several different 9mm's and 380's and liked the LC9 the best. I was hoping she'd pick the S&W Shield but she said she could operate the slide on the Ruger better. I personally don't care for the long trigger pull of the LC9 but I have gotten used to it now. My wife likes it, so that is what really matters anyway.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Spike

I've got a Glock 19 and a Keltec PF9 at home, just to reference the weight for you. The smaller Keltec has significantly more snappy recoil, so for your wife i'd suggest something heavier. Have you looked into a S&W Shield? Still fairly small, but would be more manageable. Just my .02

JAS
Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for weighing in. Glad I went with the 380, but I'm sure it won't be the last handgun I ever purchase, so I appreciate the info.