Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Another Browning?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have 2 Browning A bolts one in 7-08 and the other in 325 WSM. I also own a Tikka T3 Lite in 30-06. So speaking with some experience with both I can tell you that both the Brownings needed some kind of gunsmith work to get to shoot to my satisfaction, The 7-08 need a trigger job and a bedding job, the 325 also needed trigger work. The Tikka had a fantastic trigger and shot sub MOA right out of the box. I like the action on the Brownings but when compared to the Tikkas there is no comparison. The Tikka is superior in smoothness. If I were to purchase another rifle today it would definately be a Tikka or maybe even an upgrade to a Sako 85.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Spike

Bronko22000, We are talking about the xbolt. The new features (compared to the abolt), include the new adjustable trigger which in my mind you cant really improve on and they are glass bedded from factory and the didnt change the 3 locking lugs but I think the changed the extractor and the abolt bolt rotates inside a three grooved sleeve through the middle section of the bolt, where the xbolt's entire front half of the bolt rotates.

Here is a link to the other changes,
http://www.thediyhunter.com/243-wssm...hotos-pictures
Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well Jarrey I can honestly say I have no experience with the Xbolt. And from what you're saying about the new stock/bedding design then I would say whatever one you feel more comfortable with and fits you better. Good luck with your choice no matter which one it is.