Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Whats with the .22lr shortage... >

Whats with the .22lr shortage...

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats with the .22lr shortage...

Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

I am glad I saw this coming and have a fair stockpile of 22LR...and I bought a little more before it all disappeared.

I haven't seen any 22LR on any shelves or even online for well over a month. I did however find some CCI 200's yesterday at Cabelas and bought 5000 (even though I don't usually use that primer...) because I could. They had like 5 cases of 5000...was the only primers they had and they had just came in. They only had 1 bag of brass left (after I took the last 2 bags of 270 WSM) on the shelves in any brand...it was Winchester Brass for 338 WIN. They had very few bullets...no .224 in any brand and very little .284 and .30...a few boxes of the odd balls and larger cal's.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately, you are right and I couldn't agree more--- there are some folks out there with a little money and they are buying a ton of ammo, makes it tough on the rest of us---
Old 02-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Finally found some just in time to take my 2 brothers and 3 nephews out plinking. Very good day.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Spike

Some folks are hoarding it for themselves; some are buying it up for resale at gunshows and making a profit. The ARs in 556 and 762 have been sold out for quite a while. The next step for someone who just has to have one is to buy it in the 22lr version. I'm 40 north of Godfrey and it is no different here. No one can say when they get restocked with ammunition and when they do, well, you better be standing right there in the isle. Expect it to stay this way for another 45-60 days.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think it will loosen up any in the near future...let alone as soon as 60 days...although I will say the Cabelas I was at a few days ago did have several hundred 30 round ProMag AR mags on the shelf that had just arrived and they were still priced under $30...
Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

GTX, where abouts are you? I hunt up near Carrollton.