Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
PLZ help us impeach our Gov.(NY) for infringment on our 2nd Amendment >

PLZ help us impeach our Gov.(NY) for infringment on our 2nd Amendment

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

PLZ help us impeach our Gov.(NY) for infringment on our 2nd Amendment

Old 01-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

It is getting ready to happen here in MD too.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
NY'ers.... go here...and pass it on. Should be alot better than a petition, they ususally get nowhere. (but you should still sign it)

http://nysecond.org/
You're right, IME these type of petitions go nowhere. What you need to do is send a physical petition (written on paper) to your senators,(Schumer & Gilly,what a roll over she turned into) and flood their desk with paper!! It makes it harder to ignore physical contents.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, petitions aren't squat and there is no sense in an out of stater signing one of them since they aren't voters in the state where the petition was started to begin with!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
The only problem with that is federal law supercedes state law. Kinda like the marijauna laws in Washington and Colorado, it is leagle according to the state but it is still a Federal crime, the feds can swoop in and bust them anytime they want.
Very true but I'm glad to see lawmakers in my own state being proactive at putting up a front against BO and the lib anti gun groups.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
nys---You're not playing nice when all the gentleman did was state a few basic facts that are true! That's what happens in states that have huge city based and minority populations that believe in the Lib movement, entitlements, etc.
Double check what you're saying here. If the voters with this mindset were the minority, at a state level at least, they would not be able to swing the popular vote.

In NY, it's a shame that so many people are brainless in NYC, but this isn't a case of the few ruining something for the many, it's a case of the many ruining something for the few. Unfortunately, that's the way democracy works.

Get vocal. Online petitions won't do a d@mn thing. Get on the phone, send letters, emails, and call every friend, relative, ex-girlfriend etc etc you know to do the same.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read this on another forum and I find it very odd. Why or how is it New York can go above and beyond the feds on gun control but Arizona can't go above and beyond the feds on illegal immigrants?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nomercy448---You are not quite following me on my post when I mentioned "minority polulations". They are a minority in the rural, less populated areas where guns are used for hunting and shooting by many, but they are the majority of the "overall" population of the entire state and that's how guys like BO get elected and things like this gun control happen. Look at the demographics of where most of the votes come from that elect most Libs---big cities on the two coasts and a few big ones in between!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never been to NYS or even plan on it. But what I will say is that now others are getting a taste of what we here in Illinois go through with Commicago running the rest of the state.
When 98% of the state during elections was red and only a handful blue ran the overall electoral vote for the state.