Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.260 remington >

.260 remington

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.260 remington

Old 12-16-2012, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default .260 remington

I'm thinking this will be my next purchase here at some point. Trying to figure out who actually makes this cal gun anymore, and which models are available. If I had my choice, it would be a Rem mountain rifle, LSS. But I don't think they make it anymore. (I can't even get on Rem's site the past two days to see what they make, no idea why ? it just times out for me)

Any suggestions? I want something light and more compact. Anyone know who is still making guns in .260, and also what models Remington is making?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

look on gunbroker.com awesome choice of a rifle good luck
Old 12-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, been on there. I'm sure I could eventually track down anything I want there. Right now I'm just trying to figure out what models are even available. Thanks
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

I know Savage makes it in the Light Weight Hunter. That is what I wanted but was to impatient to order it, so I bought a 308 that they had in stock. The Light Weight Hunter is a really nice gun, you have to put one in your hands, pictures dont do it any justice. Now that I have one in a 308 I really want one in a 260, darn the bad luck!

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11LH
Old 12-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jim. Yeah I was looking at Savage yesterday, and see that they offer the .260 in a number of rifles. That gun might be an option. I've never owned a Savage but heard good things about them in recent years.

Anyone know about their package guns, like this? Are they any good?

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/m...TROPHYHUNTERXP
Old 12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

I also saw a Ruger M77 hawkeye in that caliber. I bought a 35 whelen in the m77 hawkeye and it has become my go to for the feel and accuracy. Love that rifle also has the mauser style bolt.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Thanks Jim. Yeah I was looking at Savage yesterday, and see that they offer the .260 in a number of rifles. That gun might be an option. I've never owned a Savage but heard good things about them in recent years.

Anyone know about their package guns, like this? Are they any good?

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/m...TROPHYHUNTERXP
That looks like a Weather Warrior, I have one in a 30-06. It is a very good rifle! I didnt buy it as a package but I believe the package comes with a Nikon scope, it would be a very nice set up in my opinion.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
it would be a Rem mountain rifle, LSS. Thanks

I have this rifle but I don't believe Remington makes it in .260 any more. I don't know because their website is a mess. Excellent shooter and easy to load for.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

I recently bought a Savage Model 11 in 7-08. The .260 was on my short list, but it and the 7-08 perform similarly until you get to very long range, and that's not something that I have a strong interest in, but if I did, I would have gone with the .260. I opted for the 7-08 so I could go to heavier grain bullet if I wanted to.
I like Savages, own 3 of them (4 if you count an old 12 gauge). As for those packages, I noticed that they do not come with the accustock, so I have to wonder what else is different about them -- they are not simply a Model 11FCNS with a scope. They are a somewhat different gun, perhaps an older version being clearanced. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, just something to be aware of.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

A Accustock is really not needed if it is bedded correctly and torqued to proper specs., a sythetic stock isnt going to move like a wood stock. It is just a selling point that is over rated by magazines, IMHO. I have a older package blued Model 110 270 with a accutrigger, that I bought at Wal-Mart, it came with a cheap Bushnell scope, which I eventually trashed. It shoots just as good if not better than my Weather Warrior 30-06 with a Accustock. There is absolutely no differences in the actions or barrels of the two. The only difference is in the stock, no accustock and it has a blind mag. No effects what so ever on the accuracy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.