Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

700xcr

Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default 700xcr

looking for a ss synthetic rifle and came across the remington 700xcr. while not truly a ss barrel it is suppose to be non corrosive. it also has been removed from production. anyone know what if anything the problem is with this gun?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

the xcr is actually a stainless rifle with a coating applied over top. the point is that if stainless could already right some corrosion, applying a rust resistant coating over top would be even better. i own a xcr and i have first hand experiance with it in wet/snowy weather and it has even taken a few dips in the river without the slightest sign of rust. think of the xcr as a super stainless rifle but not rust free, as the interior of the bore is bare stainless steel. if you want a rifle that doesnt need alot of attention then the xcr is definitly a good option, much better then any other regular stainless rifle