Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

shaw rifles

Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default shaw rifles

Does anyone have any information on E.R. shaw rifles the mark VII? I'm thinking about buying or having another rifle built. The only custom rifle I have is in a 22-250 cal. I was wanting one in a little heavier caliber. The longest range that I have ever practiced at is about 400 yards. The folks on here shooting the looong range distances really intrigue me and got me to thinking about another rifle. I would appreciate any assistance.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 AM
Fork Horn

I was going to buy a shaw barrel for one of my rifles and since they are about a hour or so away i figured i'd give them the money but, g-smith warned me not buy their barrels. Stating he had to rebarrel two rifle that had them on. As he told me, both rifles were barreled by shaw. One left a severe mark on the case after it was fired that would ruin the brass. The other just wouldn't group.
Who built your last rifle? Were you not happy with his work?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy that built mine did a fine job on it. He is a local feller with a lot of experience, I should let him build me a new one. It has a shilen barrel, 700 action, and a canjar trigger. Its a very tight shooting rifle. I have had this rifle for over 20 years. I dont think you can even buy a canjar triggers any more. I was just looking online at some barrels and came across the shaw website. It is a nice looking rifle. I would gladly take recommendations for any superb barrels. All my rifles are stock except for this one.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stapher1
I was going to buy a shaw barrel for one of my rifles and since they are about a hour or so away i figured i'd give them the money but, g-smith warned me not buy their barrels. Stating he had to rebarrel two rifle that had them on. As he told me, both rifles were barreled by shaw. One left a severe mark on the case after it was fired that would ruin the brass. The other just wouldn't group.
Who built your last rifle? Were you not happy with his work?
Must have been a Monday AM weapon. I have 2 barrels, 6mm-284 and 6mm PPC and LOVE THEM!!! I would have thought that if you had/have a barrel that was damaging brass due to their improperly chambering of it, they would make it good for you.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

I just ordered a 7 stw from them, 14-16 month lead time. $1030 shipped to my local gun shop.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gregrn43
The guy that built mine did a fine job on it. He is a local feller with a lot of experience, I should let him build me a new one. It has a shilen barrel, 700 action, and a canjar trigger. Its a very tight shooting rifle. I have had this rifle for over 20 years. I dont think you can even buy a canjar triggers any more. I was just looking online at some barrels and came across the shaw website. It is a nice looking rifle. I would gladly take recommendations for any superb barrels. All my rifles are stock except for this one.
Here's a link to a list of the best barrel choices:
http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-...emium-barrels/

Last edited by stapher1; 12-04-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
I just ordered a 7 stw from them, 14-16 month lead time. $1030 shipped to my local gun shop.

Geez Louise. I can get a newly built Cooper in half that time.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Geez Louise. I can get a newly built Cooper in half that time.
A cooper would be sweet but it's twice the cost.