Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Vanguard Series 2 .223 ? >

Vanguard Series 2 .223 ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Vanguard Series 2 .223 ?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Vanguard Series 2 .223 ?

I haven't ever owned a Weatherby rifle or any caliber before. A friend of mine wants to sell a new, in the box, Vanguard .223 for $400. I have been looking at .223 for awhile and had one in mind that I wanted to buy. But this sounds like a great deal from everything I have looked up on the gun.
Should I take this deal and get the gun?
What do you guys think of Weatherby Rifles ?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Spike

What kind of Vanguard is it? Sporter? Deluxe? Synthetic?

The .223 Rem. is a pretty specialized cartridge. Cheap to shoot, but not really good for hunting medium game. I know that's debatable. But we're all grown up here, so we can admit that there are better choices for deer sized game.

I wouldn't mind having the .223 in a Weatherby. Well made rifles.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

It is the synthetic and I do not plan to hunt anything larger than a coyote with it. Mostly looking for a target shooter with cheap ammo but still something that will take out the yotes. My Rem .30-06 or 20ga. do a fine job on deer if I dont get one bowhunting.