Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Hogue stocks >

Hogue stocks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Hogue stocks

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hogue stocks

I have a model 70 with a synthetic stock that I really dont like. The gun shoots really good and dont want to get rid of it. Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Hogue stocks. The overmolded was the one I am interested in.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I almost got one of the Hogue stocks for my winchesters. I ended up finding winchester wood stocks, like grade II, if I recall, and installed them. Looks a lot better, really stands out against the stainless steel rifle, and fit by far better then the cheap synthetic stock. Much better recoil pad too.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I think they are heavy and awkward.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I have a model 70 with a synthetic stock that I really dont like. The gun shoots really good and dont want to get rid of it. Was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Hogue stocks. The overmolded was the one I am interested in.
I have a TC Icon that I think uses the Hogue Overmolded stock. Not a bad stock but I prefer the Bell & Carlson stock that came on my Winchester M70 Extreme Weather.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just bought a Howa with a Hogue stock and I LOVE it! It fits me well, it actually looks good for a cheaper stock and has a killer recoil pad on it. I haven't taken it off yet to inspect but the gun shoots well so there's no reason to mess with it.

The only downsides I've found is that it gets dirty easier then a regular syn stock and yes they are also a tad heavier.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Like my Hogue on the 338 win mag on my Ruger M77 MKII. It's got the full length alum bed block, so it's heavy, but helps soak up the recoil.

The raised rubber knobs help give a positive grip in rain, or snow. If you're looking for a reasonably priced stock for a stand gun I think they're hard to beat.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love mine.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 11-20-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Hogue overmolded stock and forearm on my Mossberg500. I like it well enough. I have the shorter length of pull buttstock on it & have been using it as a brush gun for rabbit hunting. I would like to get an adjustable buttstock for it eventually.