Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
1'' high at 50 yards? >

1'' high at 50 yards?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

1'' high at 50 yards?

Old 11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

for years there was a trajectory sheet showing everything sighted in a 25 (dead on) Almost all the rifles (except for like the 44 mag) was point and shoot to 225-250. 1 high at 50 sounds a bit much for me but ballistic explorer says that's 3" high at 100 and point and shoot to 250 (2" low)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 13pointjomc
Thanks. Sounds good to me to sight in 1'' high at 50. Can you send me the link to where u got the info at? thanks
here you go...
http://www.handloads.com/calc/

using 2910fps & 150gr spitzer, and 1.5" sight height - I'm assuming it's scoped? - 1" high @ 50 would be 'on' at about 200 yards, or so it sez...

Last edited by Catus Magnus; 11-26-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frankly, if you haven't ever shot at X number of yards, you shouldn't be hunting at X number of yards. Ballistic simulators are great toys, and some are incredibly close for certain rounds (bullet/bc/mv), but if you haven't put the time or dedication into it to shoot that far and prove that the estimates are correct, then you don't have the right, in my book, to go throwing lead that far after a game animal. There are places to go shoot and ammo isn't THAT expensive. Get on the page at your short ranges, then go put lead down range so you ACTUALLY know where your bullets are landing at your hunting ranges.