Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Any one have a Zastava AK-47? You like? >

Any one have a Zastava AK-47? You like?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Any one have a Zastava AK-47? You like?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Any one have a Zastava AK-47? You like?

I just purchased an Ak-47, my first one and love it. It is made in Serbia and I have heard nothing but great things about them ( Zastava APAP M-70). Right out of the box it shot 4 rounds in a five inch circle at 100 yds. The only thing is the rail for the scope is mounted on the receiver and the receivers on the AK's I have shot are a little loose. I am happy with the group with open sights but some day would like to mount a Red Dot on it. Is there a way to mount the rail on the fore end or some other rigid part of the Rifle?

Any info would be appreciated.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, there are several ways to mount optics on your AK. The side rail works well, the Saiga's and other AK variants use the side mount. There are also rails that replace the upper hand guard and dust covers with rails too. A good place for AK info is www.akfiles.com www.theakforum.net www.gunco.com

I use the side rail mount on my Saiga, have a red dot on it now. I think the mount is from UTG.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by goatbrother
Yes, there are several ways to mount optics on your AK. The side rail works well, the Saiga's and other AK variants use the side mount. There are also rails that replace the upper hand guard and dust covers with rails too. A good place for AK info is www.akfiles.com www.theakforum.net www.gunco.com

I use the side rail mount on my Saiga, have a red dot on it now. I think the mount is from UTG.
Thanks alot, I will research it!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a cheaper Romanian WASR-10 that I put the higher quality Belarus side mount on and it works well. Would have liked to get a better AK but I couldn't pass on the price.

Oh yea, it would be helpful to research those side mounts and watch what you buy. Some of them are knockoffs and junk. Even some with the CRYLLIC writing and stamped Belarus are not all the same. For one, they need to have all the pins in them that reinforce them. They come in both a low and high profile mount, depending on what type of sight/scope you want to use.

Last edited by Buckhunter46755; 10-31-2012 at 07:06 AM.