Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Anyone know about Dakota rifles? >

Anyone know about Dakota rifles?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Anyone know about Dakota rifles?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Spike

Default Anyone know about Dakota rifles?

I was recently looking through an old Shooter's Bible and came across Dakota. I know nothing of them other than they look well made.

Any info???
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are referring to Dakota Arms then you are correct. They are very well made and rather pricey to boot. I was just fawning over them Friday at a local shop. I'm in love with the Model 10 (single shot) and the Model 76 bolt rifles are sweet. That #10 retailed for about $6500.00 (I believe) but less fancy rifles start around 4.5-5 K and go up. Their bolt action rifles are CRF and can be had with some beautiful lumber. The workmanship is outstanding. Dakota Arms is now owned / controlled by Cerberus Capital Mgt. (FWIW, the same group that controls Remington, DPMS, Marlin, etc.)
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dakota Arms rifles are excellent. Pricey. I have shot only 2. These were both base line bolt action rifles ... probalby in the $4k range. Both were chambered for 300 Win. Mag. Both shot light outs once we found the right load. Wood was superbly grained. Fit and finish - excellent. Too rich though for my wallet.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

They have their own line of cartridges too, saw a guy hunt a brown bear with a .375 Dakota once.

checkout their website they have some info on there about all their stuff.

I think they're more popular with the big bore africa crowd. Once read that a quality rifle/reliability was more at the heart of dakota big bores than hair splitting accuracy, ie.. at 25yds on a cape buffalo a reliable rifle is more important than rather it shoots .5moa or 1moa...

get one
Old 10-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of my dreams is to own a Dakota rifle. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

They are on my bucket list...want a Model 10 in an big bore....just to have one