Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington is confusing! >

Remington is confusing!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington is confusing!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Spike

Default Remington is confusing!

Can someone please tell me what is Remington's "standard model" in a wood stock. On their website they list FORTY models in the Model 700 page. That's ridiculous.

What is the Remington's main, old school rifle???
Old 10-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, quite simple for us OFs that grew up with them....

I'll tell you their CDL rifles sure look nice...That 7mm-08 balances
well in that model...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Model 700

If you're looking to Remington for a standard model 700 it would be the Model 700 CDL at this point. In the past the standard would have been the 700 ADL (Wood stock with checkering & Monte Carlo cheekpiece sans/floor plate & recoil pad). The ADL has been replaced by the 700 SPS which wears an injection molded stock and the rifle is finished in matte on the metal parts. The old standby BDL has few chambering now. So to have a number of chamberings to choose from you would have to look at the CDL for new rifles. However, their are still distibutors that often time have ADL rifles on their shelves. The Wal-Mart near my house carries the ADL type with laminated wood stocks for $399.00.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

The cdl's are pretty nice. Has anybody handled the glossy cdl? Just wondering what they looked like. All the gunshops around my area only have the matte finish. I was thinking they looked like the old mtn rifles use to when they had the gloss finish on the stock.

Last edited by stapher1; 10-05-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Just recently bought one of the new 700's in the brown laminated stock with the black finished barrel and action---this stock has the glossy finish, cheek piece and the new Remington recoil pad---shoots like a dream, as all my 700's have---these can still be had for under $500 from Bud's---I'd love to get a new ADL, that was my first big bore many years ago, but I've not seen any new for sale, at least in my area----I know Remington's gotten some bad press lately, but mine have all been top of the line hunting rifles and accurate----------John