Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New Illiniois Gun Law Question >

New Illiniois Gun Law Question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Illiniois Gun Law Question

Old 08-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Spike

You are talking about Illinois, where what the law says and how every cop inteprets it are completely different. A state where you are an outsider bringing a gun in, and a state where getting bailed out can be hard to say the least.

In IL my ammo gets locked in a nano type safe under the passenger seat, and the gun is locked in a safe box in the trunk and that box is screwed into the trunk. The keys to those two safes are off my person and stored separate, one in the glove box one in the console.

Sounds excessive? Yea, it is, and I still sat in the back of a cop car for 2 hours while they decided if I was legal or not. Sound like a isolated incident? It's not, been there done that three times in two years.

IL = no cut corners.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

So what exactly are YOU doing to get stopped three times in two years for cripes sakes!!! Sounds like YOU are the problem and not Illinois!!! I go through Chicago once or twice a year with a truck load of guns to and from WY and SD, have for years, and never even been slowed down!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Ammo can be In the case with the gun it just cant be In the gun. It's not that hard or big of a deal. City ordnances will vary with the state laws hence the officers/driver confusions.

Glove box and console don't count.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Put it in a soft case and make sure its zipped all the waty and un loaded and your fine.The gun and ammo dont have to be separate just unloaded.Thats straight from a CPO last week at a hunter safty class....
Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Thats no chit!!!!! Even as a 20 yr LEO, I still find myself looking at the laws and wondering how the communistic state of Chicago can keep coming up with such crack headed attempts of new laws that they do against the law abiding citizens of the state.
They want basically all weapons banned, if it were up to them, short of slingshots and those may be in their sights, I just havent heard that one yet. But you can bet you last bullet that those pompus fat do gooders up there all have their bodyguards and security armed up the wazzoo like Rambo to take on all those who oppose them and their crazy ideas to make Illinois better for its citizens. BS!!!!!!!!
Well you guys ought to just zip it up and be a little larger minded! At LEAST these stiffling Illinois guns laws reduce the gun crime rate substantially, gun based crimes are few and far between, and non-accidental gun deaths are very few. At least some serious, substantive good comes from these gun laws!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oops, I forgot to complete my thought . . .

NOT!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alsatian
Oops, I forgot to complete my thought . . .

NOT!!!!!
Thank you!!!!! If they made everything north of I-80 its own state, the rest of the state would be great!!!!!!!
The only state in the union where our Governors make our license plates for us!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Thank you!!!!! If they made everything north of I-80 its own state, the rest of the state would be great!!!!!!!
I would suggest simply spinning off Cook County. If you say North of I-80, you cut off all the fine weapons manufacturers I identified in my initial post.

Good Riddance, Illinois. God Bless Texas!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
I would suggest simply spinning off Cook County. If you say North of I-80, you cut off all the fine weapons manufacturers I identified in my initial post.

Good Riddance, Illinois. God Bless Texas!
I am as well of Texas born and bred for I was born in Houston in '63. You can still buy your firearms that you speak of but they will be of their own state label. I have bought from RockRiver before for our agency owns several of their fine weapons as do I as well. Got a good deal on them while ordering our other weapons.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Spike

i have a letter printed in the newspaper from the sheriff of the county i live in saying having your firearm in you center console or glovebox is legal as long as the ammunition is not stored with it and you do not open it except to put it in a case or carry in your residence. now of course that is one sherrifs understanding of the law and other city, county, or state police may not agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.