Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mossberg 835 barrel >

Mossberg 835 barrel

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg 835 barrel

Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Spike

I went to the gun shop that i bought the gun from and the guy said to just leave the oring under the magazine cap and it will work just fine. I went out to shoot it and it worked just fine without the barrel getting lose again.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like if the O ring worked that there was too much gap for the nut to tighten down. Glad it was a simple fix! Did you try to tighten the nut down without it and still had to go with that O ring to solve the problem?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would demand another or my money back.When I buy new I expect it to be 100%.If some meatball shop owner thinks this is OK let him live with it.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Spike

I tightened down the magazine nut as tight as it would go and the barrel was still loose, but when the oring was under the magazine nut the barrel was not loose. I guess it just needed that little oring to make the barrel tight i to am glad that it was a simple fix. Bernie P When i buy new i expect it to be 100% to but if i just have to leave that little oring under the magazine nut then i guess it is okay and the guy at the gun shop is a good friend of mine and i don't think he would lie to me and the gun does function properly.
jr97
Old 04-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have this same shotgun for 15 plus years, and never had a problem, mine never came with a "O" ring