Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
holster opinions for 1911 >

holster opinions for 1911

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

holster opinions for 1911

Old 01-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default holster opinions for 1911

I am looking to get a new leather paddle holster for my Colt Defender. The three that seem most intriguing to me are:
1) Galco Speed Paddle Holster
2)
Galco Yaqui Paddle Holster
3)
PD2-200 Tagua Paddle Holster

I am not in any way limiting myself to these three, but they have caught my eye more than any others thus far. Can anyone recommend one of these, or another to me? Do any of these, or others, seem to hold your firearm closer to your body than others? I know paddles aren't the best for keeping your firearm close to your body, but quickness in taking them off and comfort are superior in paddles to me. Thanks for any and all advice!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Simply Rugged by Rob Leahy. They are as the name implies.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out "Simply Rugged" holsters from Rob and Jan Leahy in Alaska. They make some very nice hand crafted holsters for semi-autos including 1911s and revolvers. I've got several.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those look real nice, guys, but I don't see any paddle holsters there. Do you know if they make any that they don't list in their products list on their website? Or suggestions for other paddle holsters?
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

i picked up a wild bill paddle holster for my glock that i really like.......as long as you have a good belt it holds tight and it rides nice and high on your waist. I dont know how you carry, i have a yacqui type holster and it lets the gun ride down too low for me for good concealment....if not a high riding paddle then i prefer a deep carry iwb