Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Some things I've learned the hard/expensive way.... >

Some things I've learned the hard/expensive way....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Some things I've learned the hard/expensive way....

Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I love my VX-III. It's the best scope I have right now.
Is there any issue of turning the elevation turret while your carrying it, that's my only worry that i will move it and not notice it.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by streetglideok
Probably not, but that same setup may not hold its zero after a rough ride down one of our forest roads to hunt elk here, or if you slip and fall, and it gets banged on accident. I think if you had the chance to see first hand, how much better a $400 scope is, you would change your mind. At 16, thats not feasible for most, it wasnt for me at your age. When get a chance though, try shooting one. We have a XL7 in wood, very early production, in '06. Nice rifle, other then the stock came loose. Threw a cheapo simmons I had laying around on it. Looks like a shotgun target when you get done. Right now, I blame the scope, solely because Ive had it on two other guns, and they never grouped that good. I think my 300RUM killed it honestly,lol.
yea i mean imo its all about what your doing. this is a PA deer gun. i have about a 5% chance of getting a shot over 150 yards. i don't even have a job and get out gun hunting 5 times. bow hunting is my thing and where most of my money goes to because i'm out almost everyday. if i had the chance to hunt bigger game, where long shots and sub moa accuracy is required, your right. i would be getting the best rifle and scope i could. but this will definitely serve its purpose for now.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stapher1
Is there any issue of turning the elevation turret while your carrying it, that's my only worry that i will move it and not notice it.
I don't have the custom dial. I just have a regular 4.5-14x50 on my 300 RUM. I like it a lot. I don't like adjustable objectives or any other extra dials. If it were an option all of my scopes would have an "EASY BUTTON". Things just happen to fast when hunting.