Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington 700 ADL $400 >

Remington 700 ADL $400

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington 700 ADL $400

Old 10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Spike

Default Remington 700 ADL $400

I've got the chance to get a Remington 700 ADL synthetic stock with blued finish, along with what I a guessing is a cheap bushnell scope. This would be my first rifle. Rifle would probably not be used a ton, because I prefer the bow, but I do want a rifle and was told the remington 700 is a good choice. I want something that will last awhile. I messed with the bolt, seems to cycle ok, little rough but not bad. The only thing I don't like is the stock, feels really plasticy if that makes since. Could it be painted and then a clear coat applied to help it. Thank you in advance for you opinions. Oh yeah forgot to mention it's a 30.06 and brand new

Last edited by cntryislandboy; 10-02-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good price...lots of guys paint their stocks. The 700 ADL in 30-06 would make a good gun.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

I think you'll be happy with that. And for the price, it's a good buy. As for your stock. You could possibly do what you mentioned, I do not know. I know you can find a lot of after market stocks, both synthetic and wood. It's a popular rifle, so after market stuff will be easy to find. I've shot several deer with mine, and I shoot it regularly. Never had any issues.
-Jake
Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

They go for around this price with a cheap scope at Walmart for the ADL models, and the Camo ones are only a few dollars more. So it's not a steal by any means, but not a bad deal.

That said, I also think the Savage Model 10's or 110's depending on the caliber that they sell at Walmart with a cheap scope, and the accu trigger are much much better options. You not only get a better gun, but you get a way better trigger, and get it all from a company that isn't having a ton of quality control issues like Remington, and if you do have a problem you won't have to deal with this horrible customer service.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...02#Post2823702

Remington is just not what it used to be. If I had to have a Remington, it would be an older one.

Last edited by hometheaterman; 10-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

sounds like a good buy if its new, but i would suggest replacing the stock instead of painting, did that once never again , couldn't get rid of the smell of paint
Old 10-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a pretty good price for a new Rifle,I can tell You that from all the 30-06's I've seen with the synthetic stocks shoot some really nice tight groups...if Your worried about too much recoil the Remington "Managed Recoil" Shells work great in a bolt-action Rifle and you'll have a lot less recoil to deal with!

Let us know what You decide on and everyone needs a good Rifle!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Change the scope and save it for your first 22. You will be very happy and have a gun that your grandkids will love.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Spike

thanks guys for all the input, the main reason i was looking at this rifle is because i thought it was onsale, come to find out i can get it cheaper from academy. i'm thinking i might wait and go back to my orginal plan which was to get an xbolt. i went to get it and ended up with a hoyt rampage xt instead. now i'm saving for a rifle and thought i would jump on this if it was a good deal, but think i might just wait and get the xbolt, unless something else jumps out at me from now until the time i get the cash. thanks again guys
Old 10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cntryislandboy
thanks guys for all the input, the main reason i was looking at this rifle is because i thought it was onsale, come to find out i can get it cheaper from academy. i'm thinking i might wait and go back to my orginal plan which was to get an xbolt. i went to get it and ended up with a hoyt rampage xt instead. now i'm saving for a rifle and thought i would jump on this if it was a good deal, but think i might just wait and get the xbolt, unless something else jumps out at me from now until the time i get the cash. thanks again guys
The X Bolts are very nice guns for the money if you plan to buy something in their price range.

That said, how do you like the Hoyt Rampage? I've been looking at them as well as a few others, but just haven't bought anything yet.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Spike

I have a Remington .270 and have never had any problems, but I wish I would have bought an A-Bolt or X-Bolt, I just think they are a nicer rifle and I worry about the Remington saftey a little too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.