Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
7600 Carbine sling?? >

7600 Carbine sling??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

7600 Carbine sling??

Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default 7600 Carbine sling??

Picked up my new 7600 Carbine the other day. I want to be able to put a sling on it if necessary. However I don't care for barrel band sling set ups. I noticed the Remington 7600P had permanently mounted sling swivels on the end of the fore-arm. http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7600.htm

I found this kit. It says it fits 760 and 7600 (Pre-1968). The 7600's weren't made until 1981 IIRC. Does anyone know if it'll fit on a brand new 7600 Carbine? http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=481421 Or does anyone know the correct one Remington installed on the 7600P?

Thanks, NYH!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Ok bear with me on this NYH as i "think" im right based on what i could find online lastmonth while studyn the exact same subject for my new project 7600 http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns...-7mm-08-a.html

The change was brought about when rem went from the 760 to the 7600 as the 760 had a nonfloated barrel, the slide tube/magazine IS attached to the barrel so "in theory" it is strong enough to mount the sling stud into the end of the magazine tube. However, supposedly the 7600 ISNT because the barrel is floated or NOT attached to the slide tube/magazine, thus rem recommending the front sling stud to be attached via a barrel band/clamp.

NOW however i found MANY who continue to use the 760 kit and screw that sling stud bolt into the front of their 7600s with no ill effects. Im like you, i DONT want to use the barrel band mount. I pulled/pried the slide away from the mag tube on my 7600 and it will take ALOT more force to damage the gun than youll put on it just by slingn it over your shoulder and carrying it.

If im wrong please tell me but thats my plan but i havent yet bought the kit so i cant say!
HL
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I had all the parts to put a barrel band setup on it so I put it on yesterday. It's not the barrel band that go's all the way around the barrel. It go's about 2/3 around the barrel leaving the top open. I'm going to try this setup for a while and see how I like it.

NYH.