Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08 >

Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08

Old 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08

Well the line to make jokes, laugh and call me names starts here.......................

I've been toying with the idea of a new gun all summer, I thought I was sold on another lever action but I made the mistake of toying around on gunbroker lastnight. Well I instantly fell in love with a most unusual rifle with a rather unique plan so I bought one today from a dealer in Pittsburgh.

The gun is known as the Remington 7600, 7mm-08 "Kool Blue" edition and was 1 of 250 commissioned last year by Grice's in PA. (They built the 7600s in 7mm-08 and 25/06 as well as a 700 version in 6mmRem.) I am a died in the wool fan, season ticket holder and booster of my old Alma mater The University of Memphis Tigers mens basketball program. "Kool Blue" is the university colors plus I am going to order a VX-3 2.5x8x36 from the Leupold Custom Shop with the anodized Cobalt Blue fade scheme to finish the "pimp job". Once I get the package together I'm going to have the University's basketball logo engraved on the receiver.

Anybody know a custom leather maker that might can make a matching leather sling? I have a safe full of bolt actions and realize the 7600 is known for hardly being any sort of naildriver but wth I think it will be a unique conversation piece and will be a fun package. I owned a 7mm-08 (model 7 mtn rifle back around 1990-91) and am still kickin my own arse for ever gettin rid of it. For the occasional times I'll use it bustin swamp deer it should be fine. I can't wait to stoke it full of Barnes Vortx 120s and "let the tiger roar!"

Take it easy on me,
HL
Attached Thumbnails Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08-koolblue6.jpg   Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08-koolblue7.jpg   Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08-koolblue8.jpg   Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08-gotigers.jpg  

Last edited by HatchieLuvr; 08-16-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

My safe's aren't full enough to start building guns like this...but I must admit...I kinda like it...but wouldn't dare take it to camp, as the guys would laugh me outta camp forever!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

if yer worryin bout people laughin at ya, thats sumthin you should werk on.
i like it, looks cool, not many have a rifle like that....i bet in the future we will be seein more of these from the younger guys...i dont think an ol dude ever buy one like this.
he who laughs last...laughs last.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, if you like it, pizz on everybody else.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Looks cool to me!

7600's can shoot really well. I had a 7600 Carbine 30-06 Spr. that shot an inch group at 100 yards. That's one of those guns I wish I never sold. It was a solid piece.

NYH!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i bet in the future we will be seein more of these from the younger guys...i dont think an ol dude ever buy one like this
If you're callin me "young" then THANKS! I'm to old, to fat, to married and just turned 40 to feel any the least "young".

Guns are just "fun" to me and this one won't be a relatively expensive package so I said what the heck.

I'm definitely gonna put a sling on it, but I hate the idea of having to use a clip on the barrel instead of the older screw in stud like in pre-69 760s. Wish there was some way to rig a front swivel stud other than that barrel clip.

Thanx for the kind words about my "snoop dog deer rifle"
HL
Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

SS,

You sure have "style" !
Old 08-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like it too. Now if it were 'cool pink' edition then I would razz the heck out of you.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Love It....great looking Rifle that would be worth a lot of money,I'd still sight it in and Shoot a nice Big Buck with it....heck I'd even have the Bucks Antlers trimmed in Blue also.The Blue Sling would look awesome too...maybe even have the words "Kool Blue" engraved into the bottom of the magazine clip if it has one?

I saw a Varmint Rifle with the thumb hole in that color Blue on the ruger.204 Site.It looked Kool too!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Fork Horn

I like it. It is unique and makes it stand out from the others. Once you get it done be sure and post pics of it.

My buddy has an older 760 in .308 and I have to say that is a very accurate rifle. With match ammo he could shoot under 1" with it. There was a guy that was making fun of the beat up rifle and was bragging how much better his Savage (same caliber) was. He didn't laugh after he saw the groups that my buddy was shooting as he couldn't come anywhere near as close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.