Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08 >

Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08

Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

I'm really excited, got the gun lastweek and finally got in touch with the guy at Leupold Custom Shop to officially order the scope after a couple of days of my sending him ideas and logos and he running them by their machine shop guys for cans and cant dos. The only downside now is that the scope is going to take an estimated 16 weeks before completion. But wth, I've got the rest of my life to enjoy it.

Ordered 2 boxes of 120 TTSX Barnes Vor-tx to go with it, looking forward to gettin back out there with a 7mm-08. Been 20 yrs since I had one.
HL

ps
Here's the UofM Basketball logo Leupold is putting on each side of the objective bell.
Attached Thumbnails Remington "Kool Blue" 7mm-08-koolblue6logo.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Spike

I like it! Gives me some good ideas for a nice Trap gun, need something to match those Red Choke tubes!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DrHouse
I like it! Gives me some good ideas for a nice Trap gun, need something to match those Red Choke tubes!
DrH you might spend awhile lookin this site over. http://rifle-stocks.com/laminated_woods.htm

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Remingtons parent company bought a stock maker in the last couple of years that makes these types of stocks. I'm not sure if it's the guys above or not, you might call them to see if they offer custom lams options.

I have never been a huge fan of laminated stocks and I HATE synthetic just because I really love the "warmth" and feel of a fine wood stock but I realize they'll get beat and banged on with use so IMHO the laminateds become an interesting option in lieu of standard plastic stocks. In fact I just might contact the guys above about a super slick lam with wood caps for a SS Stalker 7mag that I abhor the black stock on but love the gun. I wanted to find a cast away White Gold Medallion stock to work on but my SS is lefthanded so that eliminates 99% of the options for me.

Now if I can find some custom base & ring options for Kool Blue,
HL
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Looks great, can't wait to see the engravings and the scope. Hopefully it shoots well.
-Jake
Old 08-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
DrH you might spend awhile lookin this site over. http://rifle-stocks.com/laminated_woods.htm

I can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Remingtons parent company bought a stock maker in the last couple of years that makes these types of stocks. I'm not sure if it's the guys above or not, you might call them to see if they offer custom lams options.

I have never been a huge fan of laminated stocks and I HATE synthetic just because I really love the "warmth" and feel of a fine wood stock but I realize they'll get beat and banged on with use so IMHO the laminateds become an interesting option in lieu of standard plastic stocks. In fact I just might contact the guys above about a super slick lam with wood caps for a SS Stalker 7mag that I abhor the black stock on but love the gun. I wanted to find a cast away White Gold Medallion stock to work on but my SS is lefthanded so that eliminates 99% of the options for me.

Now if I can find some custom base & ring options for Kool Blue,
HL
Doesn't look they make 2 piece stocks! I'll email him and see if it's something their planning on doing in the future!