Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mauser Action ???'s >

Mauser Action ???'s

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mauser Action ???'s

Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Banned

Default Mauser Action ???'s

I have a Mauser 98 action, magazine and bolt from WWII. "Fabrique d'Armes de Guerre". Herstal, Belgium. Although shows "pitting" in places (poor manucafturing I think), it seems to be all there and in good shape. It has a 2 position safety which I can still with a scope by raising the mount/rings.
I was wonering what something like this is worth?
And do you guys think it would be worth building a hunting rifle around say in 25-06?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't know what it's worth, but it's a great action to build on and you can't beat the 25-06 for varmints right on up through deer size game. I love my Ruger M77 in 25-06.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Just about can't go wrong w/a Mauser 98. As far as pitting goes, well,its been knocking around for upwards of 70 yr its entitled. The 25-06' is great .with a" standard" Mauser id opt for the 257 Roberts or its AI,it'll save a length issue that may or may not ever be a problem.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Spike

It sounds like an FN contract rifle action; is there a crest on the top of the bridge?