Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Question about two guns >

Question about two guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Question about two guns

Old 06-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question about two guns

I piked up two guns today and was wantin some info. The first is a browning bps 12ga witha 28in barrel fixed modified choke 3in chamber says special steel on the barrel. I paid 260 out the door for it i think i did well figure on resaleing it whatd be a good asking price?also whats the special steel mean? The other gun i got is a kahr tp45 i got it for a carrygun. Are they good any reviews help. Also paid 450 for it it came with box and two mags did i do ok? Thanks for any help
Old 06-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Spike

Congrats on the purchase(s). I can't really answer the question on the Browning BPS but I had a Kahr TP45 as a carry for the better part of a year, good shooting gun. I ran into a few issues with the trigger reset after putting a few hundred rounds through it. Kahr took care of the issue with no problem and only a 2 week downtime. Other than that the gun was perfect, I picked it up for 400, no box/papers/etc and just one mag, Id say 450 was a decent price as long as you're not looking to make and cash off of it, think a brand new one runs 500-550.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, the BPS is the best pump shotgun made today. Solid, dependable, made from real steel parts. You got a real deal on in. Even used, I seldom see them for less than the high $300 dollar range.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

I am assuming that the "Special Steel" stamp indicates that the barrel is designed for use of steel shot. If the gun is in excellent shape (say 90% or better) with no dents, dings and 100% blueing...re-sale is probably $375 - $425 tops. I have seen a few of them in really good shape as low as $300 lately. Being a fixed choked barrel reduces the value though. I also agree with Wingbone, the BPS is a great gun.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

The bps is in extremly good shape. Prolly 90 to 95% gas only one very small scratch on it. Th blueing is 100% it also has a magazine cut off on it ive never seen one on a pumpgun before. Is tgat rare and dose it add value to it?