Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New Ruger SR1911 >

New Ruger SR1911

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Ruger SR1911

Old 04-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Ruger SR1911

Has anyone seen or heard about the new Ruger SR1911? I just saw some photos of it, it looks really nice! I was wondering if anyone knew how much it was going to sell for?
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ruger Introduces SR1911

The Ruger SR1911 is Ruger's first attempt at a John M. Browning M1911-style pistol, and is made entirely in the USA.

By NRA Staff

4/18/2011

Ruger has announced its first attempt at an M1911-style pistol in the form of its SR1911. The Ruger SR1911 features a bead-blasted stainless steel frame and slide, titanium firing pin and heavy firing pin spring (negating the need for a firing pin block) and an oversized beavertail grip safety.
The SR1911 also features a skeletonized hammer and skeletonized aluminum trigger with adjustable over-travel stop. The MSRP is $799.00
Old 04-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I almost bought a Remington R1 not long ago, I am glad I waited, I do believe I will be buying one of these as soon as I see one at the gun store. It really looks nice and I have always had great experience with Ruger pistols and rifles. I do own a Smith & Wesson 1911 Tactical Rail, its a great gun, but I dont really care for the acssesory rail now that I have it, you are really limited in available holsters. I will have to add this to my collection.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

A good looking pistol. Would have been nice if they put checkering on the front of the grip, but obviously that would have increased the $$

Knowing how Ruger likes to build 'em like tanks, I would be very interested in checking out this pistol. I hope Ruger does well with it.

And it looks like they are built in the Prescott, Arizona factory...my home state!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

When will this be out? I will be buying one.
-Jake
Old 04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
When will this be out? I will be buying one.
-Jake

They are supposedly being released in May 2011. I already contacted my dealer back home to order me one. I think they are going to be a big seller and will be in high demand for a while.