Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Target/Competition posts? >

Target/Competition posts?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Target/Competition posts?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default Target/Competition posts?

I think it would be nice to have a nuts and bolts forum of target shooting and competition. Just an idea.

I like reading the low downs on competition shooting and long range target shooting. Maybe there's not that many here on this site but I'm sure it would catch on fast. Expand the range of conversation a tad in the technical end of it.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a few members here with experience in shooting competition, but not as many as you'd think, unfortunately. I'd agree, a competition oriented forum is a great place to "talk shop", but in general, this is a hunting based board, and the high level of variation between competitions might mean that there are only 1 or two shooters from a given discipline here.

I hate to say it, but if you're interested in competition, you're better off going straight to the horses mouth and joining OTHER forums that have many members focused specifically on THAT discipline than using your time here.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Spike

i dont know if i can help but i shoot competition archery an competitive shotgun turkey shoots.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a hunting based forum, I'd think wanting to add a target based area kinda goes against the grain. There's forums specifically for such discussion and many other firearm forums with such areas. It's those with a operating membership of folks with such knowledge that would best serve up that info.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I hate to say it, but if you're interested in competition, you're better off going straight to the horses mouth and joining OTHER forums that have many members focused specifically on THAT discipline than using your time here.
I'd have to agree and couldn't say it better myself.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

I like the idea, Hunting and accuracy go hand in hand. If a bench rest shooter can inform guys on loading techniques and gun handling techniques how can that not be beneficial to a hunter wanting to achieve the utmost accuracy from their firearm. One might say handling a bench gun is different than a hunting rifle, but trigger squeeze and follow though are equally important in both disciplines. Say what you want but bench rest shooters generally spend more time shooting and reloading in a year than most hunters.