Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Herters Model XK3 in .308 >

Herters Model XK3 in .308

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Herters Model XK3 in .308

Old 03-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default Herters Model XK3 in .308

I found one of these for sale, the guy is asking $300. I wasn't looking for one, but this came up. Is this a deal? I looked a little online and found mostly good reviews on them. Any info? The stock is a little rough but the bore looks good, I'm thinking of offering $250 and see where it goes from there.
-Jake
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

BUMP

Anyone have any experience with one of these?
-Jake
Old 03-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Spike

It is a model '98 action. herter's had them made by a couple of different vendors in Europe. Some were very nice, some were a little rough. They also had a variety of stocks ranging from useable to fairly nice. For $250, I would think you were doing ok if the barrel hasn't been trashed. What caliber?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

It's a .308. I did some more looking online. This one looks like it was made in ENgland I think. I think I'll go for it. Just waiting to hear back.
-Jake
Old 03-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Spike

The Mark U-9 was made by BSA in England. The J-9 and XK were all made elsewhere as far as I know. I grew up lusting for a U-9. Never got one, and have only seen a few. Wish I still had a Herters catalog from the mid 60's. Entertaining reading!!